Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet our Team
The Director, Services Solutions Leader, under the direction of the Vice President of Delivery for the Americas, will be responsible for overseeing professional services solutions and delivery activity for Hitachi Vantara, Americas. This team overall has the responsibility of assisting services sales, services scoping within their discipline and insuring service deliverability. You will assist Sales and the Strategic Solutions practice in RFP responses as well as sales campaigns to drive services growth in the Americas. We require a candidate with broad technical skills, services experience, data center infrastructure experience as well as Cloud Experience. As the leader of this team, the individual will work with the Sales team to manage a pipeline of opportunities, define solutions, develop labor models, develop cost models and draft contracts. This team will also be assisting in developing implementation strategies, delivery plans and resolve quality issues. This position can be located anywhere in the US near a major airport.What you'll be doing
What you'll bring to the team
- Manage opportunities and assist sales teams in RFP responses as well as assisting sales in driving new business.
- Lead a technical team and develop the subject expertise in their practice discipline.
- Assist in identifying, developing and rollout of new service offerings and service modernization.
- Oversee the handoff and enablement of service delivery. Supporting delivery for escalations and initial rollout of new services.
- Assist delivery in defining skill sets required to delivery services.
- Evangelize and educate our product and services sales organizations on the capabilities and solutions we can offer.
- Team/People Leadership
- Presales management
- Customer Experience
- Sales Enablement
- Business Management
- 15+ years of service presales solutioning or delivery leadership experience preferably from a major outsourcer, system integrator or CSP
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role in a service practice, or business unit.
- Experience with Data Center Infrastructure which includes strong emphasis on backup, Compute/Converged/Hyperconverged and file/block/content storage.
- Experience solutioning CMPs and Automation is a plus.
- Prior Engagement management and /or sales support experience.
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross matrixed organization influencing non reporting teams to achieve outcomes.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of HV and 3rd party technologies relevant to DIBU
- Experience in writing detailed business/functional specifications documents
- Experienced in documenting and executing business plans through all aspects of a product or services lifecycle.
- 25% travel under normal conditions
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge