Summary of the position:
The Global Commodity Manager – Electronics is to support the global, overarching commodity strategy and execution of global spend for our global operations, including PCBA, Controllers, Starter Boxes, and Cooling Systems. Candidates will be selected based on their overall functional strategic sourcing competency and experience.
The candidate will work under the direction of the Sr. Manager of Global Supply Chain and will engage site stakeholders to support various category strategies. They will also work closely with site transactional purchasing personnel to align the strategies with site execution. Furthermore, the candidate will support core supplier relationships with a mandate to meet organizational standards in respect to quality, service, technical support, and best commercial value.
The candidate will have proven product and market knowledge relative to one or more of the commodities and will be well versed in functional strategic sourcing practices. Being well versed in numerous industrial commodities will be an advantage.
The work site location is Michigan City, IN and will require travel to manufacturing site locations, supplier meetings or tradeshows/events as needed. Up to 35% domestic and international travel is required.
Duties and responsibilities:
The role will include the following responsibilities and requirements:
- Maintain effective links with global stakeholders within the brand verticals, manufacturing sites and core supplier contacts. This includes the ability to manage and communicate to stakeholders across various levels, functions, countries and cultures.
- Provide strategic sourcing services and lead specific category projects, as directed.
- Execution to specific cost reduction targets.
- Maintain an understanding of the commodity market conditions and trends and support category strategies with the correct level of analytical rigor.
- Understand the impact of the business's strategy on the future requirements of the category areas.
- Ensure the strategy delivers ‘best value’ based on a combination of quality, service and cost, and that the strategic sourcing process is applied consistently and appropriately.
- Manage procurement tenders and work in conjunction with the legal unit to ensure the contract’s appropriateness for locations and relevant laws.
- Support periodic supplier business reviews that includes criteria to measure supplier performance in terms of cost, risk, stakeholder satisfaction, technical support, supplier delivery/quality performance, investment, and continuous improvement.
- Support appropriate relationships with suppliers to maximize value to the business.
- Support improvement to existing processes, systems, practices and procedures.
- Use consistent strategic sourcing processes and e-procurement tools (such as reverse auctioning) and understand the best applications for the use of specific tools.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Administration or other relevant degree program. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years manufacturing or procurement experience in an industrial equipment manufacturing environment.
- High level of commercial negotiations and contract management with demonstrated success.
- World class project management skills and strategic planning experience.
- Industrial manufacturing experience.
- International business and cultural experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization (internal/external) and across global nationalities and cultures.
- High level of expertise in the use of analytical tools such as Excel and ERP systems.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and work independently as part of a geographically dispersed, virtual team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor with energy and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel on a domestic and international basis.
- Candidate must work well in a team environment while being a self-starter.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Not satisfied with the Status Quo.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and thoughtfully on a daily basis.
- Must be results-oriented, high energy and a representative of the Sullair Values.
- No direct reports currently.