Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Project Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Boston, MA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Achievement of the delivery of design work packages on schedule and in accordance with the planned budget
• Responsible for leading work packet Project Monitoring and Control activities including maintaining schedule, CTC, MPR updates, meeting minutes, risk register, and change orders.
• Prioritization and monitoring of software problem report status, and execution of tasks within functional areas that includes engineering and software development activities
• Track performance and analyze the completion of key goals.
• Conduct regular meetings with clients to ensure clarification and meet specific requirements in a timely manner.
• Facilitates scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer.
• Document and report project progress to stakeholders and clients.
• Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
• Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
• Ensure that project objectives are communicated to the project team and monitors that all technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule
• Ensure that correct Configuration Management (including document management and transmittal process) is always in place
• Delegate tasks to team members according to their individual skill sets, experience and abilities to ensure efficient completion of the project.
• Actively follow up requirement specification and integration compliance within the project and system disciplines. Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Minimum 5 years' experience as project engineer or lead systems/software engineer for large software control system applications
• Signaling / Transportation railway experience
• PTC knowledge with either design or implementation
• Prior experience with basic Project Management:
o Maintaining and controlling budget
o Schedule monitoring/development,
o Maintaining risk register,
o Resource and task management
• Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with software development lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle
• Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools
• Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
• Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
• Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience with PTC implementation
• Familiar with ATS products, technology, and project deliverables
• Prefer prior experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
• Experience with overall systems architecture design
• Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
• Experience with providing leadership in either a functional management or project management role Education:
• Bachelor's DegreeLanguages:
• English- Proficient Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/