Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Signaling Commissioning Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in WASHINGTON DC
. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
- Execute and responsible for testing and commissioning activities of a Rail Transit System from the end of installation to the start of revenue service
- Conduct all testing and commissioning activities in full compliance with company standards, contract requirements, project schedule, approved test procedures, quality, safety, and environmental objectives
- Create and issue test documentation and reports
- Regularly report test and commissioning progress and status to the Commissioning Manager.
- Manage the configuration of documentation, hardware and software in the field
- Perform troubleshooting, identification and resolution of system and subsystem issues and when required escalate issues to engineering and management
- Able to work independently and in team environment with minimal supervision
- Able to work under pressure during intense periods of testing and commissioning activities
- Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to interact with customer and project team in a professional manner
- Maintain and develop own professional competence and skills
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Bachelor of Science in engineering or a related discipline
- 2 to 5 years' experience
- Working knowledge with one or more of the following Rail Transit Signalling System: Automatic Train Control, Communication Base Train Control, Positive Train Control
- Previous experience in Testing & Commissioning of large infrastructure projects
- Experience and knowledge of implementation engineering processes covering testing and commissioning
- Experience and knowledge of reviewing engineering drawing, blue prints and schematic diagrams
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the Rail Transit System environment
- Equipment Installation Processes
- Test & Commissioning Processes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Basic working knowledge of Rail Transit Subsystem such as Automatic Train Supervision, Vehicle, Telecommunication, Platform Screen Gates, Traction Electrification, SCADA, CCTV, Radios, GPS, etc.
- Basic understanding of software configuration managements (CM)
- Basic understanding of software programming logic
- Ability to read, understand, and implement scripts written in various scripting languages (BASH, python, Perl)
- Basic working knowledge of the Linux or UNIX operating system
- Operation and Maintenance Processes
: Bachelor's Degree Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/