System and Software Product Engineer
-PARISJob Family : R&DLevel of Experience :ExperiencedAbout Hitachi Automotive Systems Group
Ready to contribute to the future of the automotive industry?
Technology is driving today's fast-paced world - and we create new innovations that transform industries and society for the better. Together let's start powering good to make the world a better place.
Hitachi Automotive Systems is engaged in the development, manufacture, sales and services of automotive components, transportation related components, industrial machines and systems. We focus on developing safer, cleaner, smarter solutions that will support mega-trends impacting the automotive industry, such as connectivity, electrification and autonomous driving.
Hitachi Automotive Systems Group's Brake Business Unit is one of the world's largest manufacturers of automotive braking solutions. Our products - disk brakes, drum brakes, electro-mechanical parking brakes and rotors - are dedicated to passenger cars, light commercial and two-wheeler vehicles through original equipment manufacturers and aftermarket distribution channels. We have a global footprint with operations in Europe, Asia, South Africa, North and South America.
The spirit of Hitachi based on the values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit resonates through the way we think and operate. We collectively strive to deliver solutions that contribute globally to a sustainable society and improve people's quality of life. We aim to provide an enjoyable work environment where our people can grow personally and professionally. For more information, please visit the company's website at
https://www.hitachiautomotive.co.jp/en/ Job Purpose
Lead technical aspects of system and software projects internally and towards the customer
Contribute in project development activities Area of Accountabilities& Key ActivitiesProject coordination
Project development activities
- For RFQ activities, analyze customer requirements, create deviation matrix from platform requirements, estimate project workload, and present products to customers.
- Coordinate activities (system, software, testing, safety, and interface to actuator development) with respect to standards, and project objectives and milestones.
- Plan development activities and maintain the project schedule.
- Represent the technical interface for the customer.
Key Professional Competencies
- Manage OEM specific requirements down to software level.
- Agree with the customer and the Electronic Stability Control supplier(s) upon a feature implementation plan.
- Create and maintain a test strategy and a requirements based test plan (bench + vehicle) with test departments.
- Define software application parameters based on customer requirements, vehicle data, brake caliper tests, system tests, vehicle tests, simulations...
- Participate in vehicle validation tests, create defect and change tickets, summarize overall validation results for each software delivery, and verify coverage requirements.
- Prepare and deliver official software according to internal process
- Create and maintain internal project documents related to APB function with respect to standards, project objectives and milestones
- Continuous Improvement Propose improvement ideas regarding product, process...
- Establish best practices, refine processes and specific guidelines
Key Personal Competencies
- Mechanical & mechatronic knowledge
- System & software knowledge
- Configuration Management & Requirement Management
- Functional Safety norms
- Project Management & Functional Management
- Customer Focus
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge tools: software tools, PLM, requirement management
- Fluent English level - German appreciated
Qualification & Experience
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Communication & Presentation
- Analytical & Problem Solving
- Implementation & Result Orientation
- Ownership & Accountability
- Bachelor/Master degree in Mechatronic Engineering or Embedded Software or equivalent
- At least 5 years including a software experience interfacing with customer in automotive industry