Job description Hitachi Rail STS
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior wayside signalling commissioning engineer. Your position is based in Stockholm, Sweden.
So if you like working with innovative technologies, in a fast-paced environment, with teams spread all over Europe, this job for you!
Who We Are: Hitachi Rail
STS is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Working with us in Sweden
Solna (Stockholm) is the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Sweden.
A diverse, inclusive and responsible culture is the root of our company where we consider hiring the right people and treating them well, as key factors of our sustainable success.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with pioneering spirits, driven by customer satisfaction and company global growth.
While our resources are pooled in Stockholm, individuals in each technical area work across overall Scandinavian markets (Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway) and beyond.
As member of the global Hitachi Rail group, you may be offered to take part in global projects and to team-up with colleagues from around the world. Benefits:
Sweden our employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay and Pension, as well as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
Define and perform assigned Test and Commissioning activities for a complex ( in terms of equipment and/or subsystems and/or interfaces) signalling project or turnkey project (multi-disciplinary project)
With reference to Signalling tests for complex Signalling project or turnkey project (multi-disciplinary project):
- Ensure the definition, organization and execution of the test and commissioning activities relevant to a project in alignment with the Commissioning strategy and the commissioning project activities schedule
- Ensure that the delivered test and commissioning documents are available in the required format as per company guidelines and instructions
- Ensure the on time issue of the tests reports of the performed tests
- Support site surveys aimed to the definition of the signalling design.
- Ensure the execution of the specific tests required by Signalling and Validation departments
- Ensure reporting to the Commissioning Manager of non-compliances and delays of commissioning activities
- Ensure the reporting of non-compliances and delays of commissioning activities
- Ensure reviewing of documents to issue the as-built documentation
- Ensure the effective implementation of HSE plans on site during test commissioning phase
- Interface with our end-customer and attend to progress meetings.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Familiar with reading Electrical Schematics
- Effective time management
- Strong organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to interface with customers and internal stakeholders
- Competent in Microsoft Office products
- Fluency in Swedish and English.
- Able to travel and work during weekends, holidays, and night shifts if needed.
Education / Background :
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Basic Concepts of Railway Signalling
- good knowledge of ERTMS L2 concepts
- Previous experiences in railway business - Railway Signalling is a plus