Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Quality Assurance Lab Supervisor
This is for a 1st shift lab supervisor and also a 2nd shift lab supervisor. ROLE:
Verifies product and material specifications providing support regarding quality issues and ensuring our products meet customer specifications. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively partners with production and engineering to resolve actual and potential quality issues.
- Demonstrates clear and direct communication skills with internal/external customers, visitors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Creates clear documentation that adequately defines a problem and corresponding resolution.
- Informs production teams of out-of-tolerance conditions and assist with containment determining production run or halt status.
- Able to use hand tools for inspection purposes.
- Performs shift checks of parts on CMM.
- Set up and operate Coordinate Measuring Machines.
- Assure correct CMM program utilized per the task presented.
- Perform required tool qualification.
- Perform CMM maintenance and troubleshooting to include replacing probes.
- Perform preventive maintenance activities on measurement equipment as directed.
- Oversee capability studies and stats collection.
- Evaluate measurement results and composition, and develop corrective actions or repair requests for castings and tooling.
- Performs all job responsibility while adhering to WF safety policies.
- Possess demonstrated leadership skills.
- Lead all containment activities to ensure proper product is contained and assist with identifying sorting options.
High School graduate. One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Foundational understanding of GD&T.
- Computer literate.
- Solid work history.
- Good oral communications.
- Understanding and following instructions.
- Problem solving.
- Dependable and responsible.
- Positive work attitude.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work without supervision.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.