Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a motivated hands-on Technical Product Owner responsible for working with cross-functional teams to drive the direction and release of our state-of-the-art scalable IOT framework. In this role, you will engage with other Hitachi Vantara product teams, Architects and Leadership to define and prioritize requirements for our Engineering Team. You will be responsible for managing the Engineering Team Backlog and working in an Agile environment to drive features to release for other teams. The successful candidate will have initiative to dig in and solve complex problems, positive work attitude in a team environment and desire to quickly understand numerous cutting-edge container cloud technologies.
- Drive an agile software development process incorporating user experience, software engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders to deliver on product and technology roadmap and strategy.
- Lead and work with stakeholders, Product Management, Architects and Leadership to provide vision, plan road maps and gather requirements for our Sprint Teams.
- Condense requirements into a prioritized backlog consisting of epics and stories for Sprint Teams to work on.
- Lead Sprint Teams in grooming backlog stories and epics.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to deliver high-quality scalable platforms to our Hitachi Vantara teams.
- Be the "face of the product" for our scalable, containerized platform. Evangelize our platform and its technology to internal Development teams.
- Manage our "Community" website and contribute content for each release.
- Own and prioritize the short-term roadmap for MVPs and release.
- Lead release and sprint planning, forecasting resource capacity, and estimate development efforts discussions.
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in Technical Product Owner/Management and/or software development on large scale, SAAS/PAAS applications.
- Possess experience in building full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture, containers, Kubernetes, RESTful services.
- Passion and thirst for knowledge of back-end services, cloud technologies and scalable container software.
- Understanding of various cloud services from Amazon, Google and Microsoft.
- Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven TEAM player.
- Experience with Docker containers.
- Experience with Linux environments (Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS).
- An understanding and strong practice in Agile methodologies.
- Experience with build/automation tools such as Git and Jenkins.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.