Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Benefits Specialist
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Administer and coordinate daily benefit processing
- Coordinate annual open enrollment processes
- Develop and deliver effective communications materials and messaging related to benefits programs and offerings
- Assists with weekly new hire benefits orientation by proficiently communicating Company benefit plans and offerings
- Primary point of contact for employee benefit and leave inquiries
- Process benefit changes maintaining the integrity of benefit data within HRIS systems and other manual tracking methods
- Properly handle confidential and sensitive information and materials
- Manage vendor relationships with carriers and brokers
- Reconciles benefits accounts by approving and processing billing statements
- Ensure all required reporting and applications are submitted for both federal and state regulatory agencies as well as reporting support for internal audit requests
- Assist implementation of organizational & development requirements to drive a positive, engaging, motivating culture aimed at employee satisfaction and business results
- Participate in management of all legal and industrial labor compliance ensuring within local entity that all people are treated with dignity, respect, understanding, and fairness
- Participate in company change process by supporting and executing the development of cultural contexts to accommodate Group and local entity plans
- Review, interpret, administer and ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws (including, but not limited to, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, etc.) and Company policies and procedures
- Employee data gathering for report development as requested
- Examines current workplace policies and provides training to employees and managers on those policies to minimize the frequency of employee complaints due to misinterpretation or misunderstanding of Company policies; works with Corporate counsel or outside counsel to ensure that HR issues that potentially could result in litigation are handled in a consistent manner assuring limited exposure to the Company
- Serve as liaison between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies/procedures responding quickly and equitably when resolving work-related issues and/or problems
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- 5-7 years of Human Resource experience in large global organization
- Experience working with Microsoft Office at an exceptionally experienced level with EXCEL
- Experience with Workday and ADP systems
- Must possess outstanding people skills along with the ability to professionally handle difficult and complicated employee relations matters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong working knowledge with both U.S. and Canadian benefits and related benefit laws
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management (or equivalent working experience)
- SPHR/PHR certification is a plus
- Employs a hands-on approach and thinks strategically
- Proven ability to work professionally within a team
Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree, or High school in technical area or Equivalent Technical background Languages
: English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/