Job description Hitachi Rail STS is a dynamic international railway signalling and transportation solutions company. A Multinational Company, leader in the design, manufacture and supply of railway signalling and transportation control equipment and systems. A career with us offers many benefits including professional growth and development and the opportunity to work in a global and culturally diverse team environment.
In light of our continued growth we are inviting applications from suitably qualified Product Integration Engineers for a permanent full time role based in our Brisbane office.
The suitable candidate will have experience in Software intensive systems integration and Rail and Safety related system integration. ACCOUNTABILITIES Accountabilities will include but not limited to:
- Guarantee an effective and efficient preparation and execution of software integration tests, in an automated and a manual test environment.
- Prepare test strategies, including test data creation, ensuring full test coverage to system functional and performance requirements.
- Increase and consistently improve the automation of software testing, including identifying and setup of test tools and frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Protractor).
- Contribute to the issuing of the test plans and procedures and ensure the implementation of the integration activities in accordance with the projects activities and indicators.
- Support an agile development and integration environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Automation scripts using programming languages such as C# Java and/or Python
- Front-end technologies (Angular apps, SCSS/CSS styling, HTML, Java language, Springboot framework, Microservices technology)
- Test tools (JMeter / Postman)
- Services (Relational Databases - MySQL, Infinispan IMDG, MessageBrokers - ActiveMQ, Containerization - PODMAN/Docker)
- Operating Systems (Hypervisor/VMWare Virtual Machines, Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Systems, Software Engineering or Information Technology;
- At least 3 years' experience in a software integration testing; and
- Demonstrable aptitude for automated testing of an integrated system.
- Experience in rail Traffic Management Systems highly valued.