Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Project Quality Assurance Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pistoia, Italy. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Contribute to the Global Quality Strategy formulation by providing all the Project Quality Assurance elements;
- Ensure the definition and the updating of the Project Quality System (including the Project Quality Management Plan), in alignment with the GBMS and the Quality contractual requirements;
- Ensure customer expectations and contractual Quality requirements are met, verify their application in all the Project phases;
- Ensure to the continuous improvement of the Project Quality Assurance processes, promoting changes aimed at increasing effectiveness and efficiency;
- Ensure the improvement of the project team efficiency, through the implementation and the updating of the Project Quality System;
- Ensure the definition of a global operating and investment budget for the Project Quality Assurance unit;
- Ensure proper interface management with Customers for Quality aspects.
- Ensure all the Contractual Quality requirements are met;
- Ensure the identification of Project Quality System requirements and include them in the Project Quality Plan;
- Ensure monitoring of the fulfilment of Project Quality Management Plan requirements.
- Ensure the analysis of project-related Non Conformities and monitor the implementation of relevant corrections and corrective actions;
- Ensure the coordination of closure of non-conformities with other relevant Quality units.
- Ensure the execution of audits (internal and external) on Projects;
- Ensure that the fulfilment of customer quality requirements is demonstrated and provide relevant evidences to customers, certification bodies and safety authorities;
- Interface, in coordination with Project Manager and other relevant Project Team members, with customers, partners, external providers and third parties with reference to the quality assurance aspects;
- Ensure, where applicable, consistency and collection of technical-qualitative evidence (supported by interface functions) and prepare pass/fail decision for product delivery;
- Ensure follow-up across the whole project lifecycle from Bidding 'till the end of the Service contract to ensure expected quality level;
- Ensure the development and availability of the relevant Quality metrics and the related trends analysis about program/project performances;
- Ensure a proper improvement action plans as per Customer Satisfaction results;
- Ensure proper analysis, escalation and management of important quality issues in processes, products and systems installed and/or delivered to customers concerning the project;
- Contribute to measure customer satisfaction by interfacing the clients on the specific project if needed.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
- Positive attitude towards the Customer;
- Capability to understand and manage contractual quality requirements concerning the project;
- Capability to identify and analyze the main quality project risks applying the Risk Management procedures;
- Ability to understand and implement Customer quality requirements and expectation
- Proactive person with good communication skills, strong teamwork orientation to reach the targets, ability to influence and collaboration across all levels of an organization;
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools: 8D, 5Ws, Ishikawa;
- Knowledge in ISO 9001:2015;
- Good knowledge of the Office tools.
- Knowledge in ISO TS 22163:2017;
- Auditor first and second party.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (3 or 5 years) or Equivalent Technical Background. Languages
Good English written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts