Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated PIS Engineer
(Passenger Information System Engineer) who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks in Engineering Department. The position is based in Pistoia, Italy. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Support and coordination during the bid and project development of the technical design of system;
- Definition of the conceptual solution of the PIS/CCTV/PA system based on the requirements and vehicle configuration;
- Preparation of system requirements specification;
- Analysis of Suppliers' technical proposals;
- Checking the technical description of the system;
- Verification of drawings / documents (Electrical, Mechanical, etc.) for installation / integration on board;
- Preparation of functional requirements specification for integration with TCMS;
- Preparation / verification of functional type test specification / performance test specification;
- Support during system type tests;
- Support during the on-board integration test;
- Design review with Clients and Suppliers.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
Desired Skills / Knowledge
- Experience of at least 5 years in the railway industry with the role of Systems Engineer and/or Designer focused on Passenger Information Systems, CCTV, Passenger Announcement;
- Related knowledge of the basic concepts of the RAMS disciplines is an advantage;
- Knowledge of the main regulations relating to on-board systems in the railway business;
- Knowledge of the main office automation software/tools (Word, Excel, etc.);
- Recommended knowledge of electrical/mechanical design software (Autocad, Creo, Catia, etc.) and the IBM DOORS requirements management tool;
- Good knowledge of the disciplines of telecommunications, electrical engineering, electronics and basic knowhow of mechanics is required. In particular, advanced knowledge of Networking systems (switching, LAN networks, Ethernet communication bus, communication protocols, WiFi transmission), however, an interdisciplinary approach is essential;
- Knowledge of Engineering Processes and Railway Operations;
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organisation, with the aptitude to contribute with constructive and practical ideas;
- Readiness to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, multitasking international environment;
- Ability to work autonomously in teams and for projects is required;
- Availability for short-term national and international business trip.
- Ability to manage and plan the assigned tasks independently and team-working;
- Ability to analyze business requirements, problem-solving attitude and business process analysis;
- Ability to face with the different internal functions (internal customer) and external (suppliers, customers, partners);
- Planning and organization;
- Versatile in learning and strong desire to remain up-to-date with changes in technology and best industry practices;
- Strong business acumen & technical skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Attitude to work in an international and multi-cultural reality.
Degree in Telecommunication or Electronic Engineering or equivalent technical background. Languages
Good knowledge of written and spoken English is mandatory. English language knowledge on at least international C1 level.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts