Frontend Software EngineerThe Company
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a high energy, teamwork oriented, frontend software engineer to work as part of the engineering organization responsible for the development of the IoT product line, in particular Smart Spaces and Video Intelligence related applications.
Working in close collaboration with an international team of industry experts co-located between Europe and United States, the individual will be part of an agile SCRUM team based in Milan, Italy, and will be proactively part of the full-software development cycle, from requirements analysis and estimation till the development and deploy of the product, also working in collaboration of a Quality Assurance team.
The role will be focused on frontend development relying on cutting edge technologies, supported by Senior Engineers that will assist and tutor the individual in an outcome-oriented environment where responsibility, creativity, innovation and self-discipline are highly considered.Responsibilities
• Development of new capabilities and features for Hitachi Vantara IoT applications, based on requirement, corporate standards and UX Designers mockups.
• Development will span from frontend-focused task to API and database implementations, depending on Product Management requirements.
• Follow team processes, which include also code reviews procedures.
• Collaboration and teamworking with engineering team members, following tech architects and senior engineers' guidelines.
• Interaction with the rest of the international teams through various collaboration software: from messaging to task tracking and conf-call applications.
• Working within an agile SCRUM team.
• Collaborate with Product Owners during grooming, planning and development phase to ensure the development follows the requirements.
• Collaborate with QA Engineering team to ensure the correct qualification of the product releases.
• INNOVATE AND DRIVE CHANGES! Hitachi Vantara is a no-fuss, safe and healthy organization. We share, we brainstorm and we enjoy a friendly atmosphere together, where everyone's opinion matters and can contribute to the team success. We are willing to help each other's and we win together as a team.Qualifications
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices.
• 5-10 years of experience in software development.
• Knowledge of frontend development technologies and frameworks like:
o CSS Preprocessors (LESS/SASS/SCSS)
o Module bundlers, package managers and task runners (Webpack/Bower/Grunt/NPM)
• Knowledge of database solutions, from SQL to No-SQL to Graph.
• Knowledge of version-control systems, in particular Git and related platforms (GitLab, BitBucket, GitHub).
• Knowledge of cloud computing platforms like Azure, AWS, Openshift and respective deployment operations.
• Understanding of collaboration platforms (JIRA, Slack, etc..).
• Understanding of container and relative orchestration systems (K8, Docker)
• Understanding of automation, continuous integration and build tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab CI, etc...).
• Understanding of Agile methodology principles and SCRUM framework basics.Education and Requirements
• Degree or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
• Full professional proficiency of read, written and spoken Italian and English
• Availability to possible spot, short-time (1 weeks average), travel worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.