Job ID: R0002300
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2021
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Production Engineer II
Company: Hitachi Astemo, Ltd.
Location: Berea, KY
Status: Regular, Full-Time (Exempt)
Shifts: 1st shift
Summary: Under the direction of management, exercises responsibility for execution of department strategies and objectives. This position provides technical expertise and engineering required to support the design, development, implementation, and verification of new processes and technology and continuous improvement to existing processes and technology, as directed by site PE Management. Position may serve as a corporate resource to all Engineering staff and Management teams at AM-MS site. This position exercises independent judgment routinely and operates within established guidelines.
Essential Functions: Includes the following (other duties may be documented and assigned by local management and some duties may not apply dependent upon the requirements of the position at AM-MS site and/or the strengths of the employee and the needs of the company):
• Plan, coordinate, and implement new processes, equipment, and technology, required for new business as assigned by site PE Management.
• Attend new business kick-off meeting, develop new process design concept, investment plan, and project timeline to meet customer assembly drawing specifications, meet required customer contract volume within standard production shift structure, and meet Process Validation build timing.
• Per PE Management direction, manage all aspects of new equipment procurement including; development of process design concept, investment strategy, business case, project schedule, and return on investment information to obtain necessary Corporate Approval, delivery specification development, request for quotations, supplier selection, issuance of purchase order, design reviews and approval, sample part ordering, run-off support and approvals at supplier and planned AM-MS location, and coordination of equipment installation.
• Lead activities regarding completion and approvals for process design documentation, equipment release checklist, and process validation.
• Develop periodic improvement plan and lead implementation for processes in an assigned product area or specific process technology to improve safety, quality, efficiency, and cost.
• Provide advanced technical support to other departments, as necessary, including troubleshooting and resolution of area specific technology, process, or equipment issues.
• Identify process parameter variation, coordinate data collection, analysis, action planning for reduction, improvement verification, and technical summary reporting for review with the appropriate cross-functional team members and internal management.
• Effectively communicate with cross functional team, area management, related co-workers, contractors, vendors, and customers as required to ensure project schedule, budget, and planned results are achieved, with minimal impact to normal operations.
• Specify, source, and procure necessary tooling, equipment, and resources required to complete assigned projects within established guidelines.
• Provide technology transfer to Production technical staff and team members to support new process launches and process improvements, as required to meet company objectives.
• Support all business objectives of the company by aligning Production Engineering activities with the organizational goals and objectives.
• Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff required. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information is required.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and following all regulations and requirements related to safety and environmental compliance.
• Responsible for following all quality policy standards.
• 3 years prior related experience preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field preferred and/or 7 years of experience
Knowledge, skills & abilities: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Possess ability to perform duties utilizing current company software applications. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills required. This position performs job duties in an ethical and professional manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Demands: Required to sit or stand for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Ability to work 40 - 60 hours per week including weekends and holidays.
• Travel: Domestic travel required (average< 3 days per month) and International travel is required
(average< 1 week per year), to meet standard job requirements.
• Work Environment: Balance between office and manufacturing areas.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.