Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
This position will work within the Hitachi Vantara Digital Solutions Technical Publications team as a Technical Writer. Qualified individuals must have a background in documenting video software, balancing multiple projects, meeting deadlines with quality, and collaborating, successfully with teams. The successful candidate will work closely with documentation team, software engineers, product managers, and support engineers to enhance and advance the documentation for the Hitachi Vantara digital solutions portfolio. Successful technical writers at Hitachi Vantara will be:
• Able to quickly learn new technologies
• Proficient in working within structured authoring (DITA) environments
• Familiar with Agile - Scrum methodologies
• Passionate about getting things done while meeting quality standards and deadlines
• Flexible when working collaboratively with others
• Able to participate in peer editing with other members of the team as needed
• Able to explain difficult concepts concisely for multiple audiences, including report designers, business analysts, software developers, and system administrators
• Able to meet writing goals in team environments
• Open to accepting and incorporating feedback from peers, SMEs, and leadership. DITA, Oxygen, SKL, Saas Primary Responsibilities:
• Writing and editing technical communications materials and deployment of business analysis software applications and solutions, IT systems, and technical services
• Reliably meet deadlines related to scheduled content updates, content changes for immediate release to customers and prospects, and software release dates
• Simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects
• Conduct interviews and attend meetings with SMEs, engineers, and other stakeholders to gather technical specs and use cases for writing projects
• Work with developers and QA to ensure that documents are accurate
• Participate with Scrum teams to deliver completed and approved content at end of each sprint
• Participate in product development team meetings • Actively work to enhance documentation based on customer and employee feedback
• Work with task-oriented, topic-based content in a CMS and WIKI publishing environment
• Create and update screenshots and graphics • Use JIRA to track work progress
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Four year college degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communication, Computer Science, or related discipline
• Experience writing, editing, and publishing documentation for technical audiences using desktop publishing tools, DITA, and content management systems.
• Reliable, self-motivated, and focused individual who is able to collaborate well with others in a fast-paced environment
• 2+ years experience writing for software product lines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, 2-5 Years of technical documentation experience.
• Designs, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia, mobile or web-based publication.
• Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
• Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users.
• Document engineering processes and specifications.
• Recommends and implements formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
• Produces materials that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge