Meet our Team
We're seeking a Senior Product Manager who is invigorated by new challenges and a passion for solving them. A successful candidate must be comfortable with technical deep dive, balance conflicting interests with reasoned analysis, and work relentlessly for your customers. As a product manager, you will define, build, and deliver Unified Compute Platform (UCP) solutions focused on Converged/Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Software Defined Infrastructure, Big Data Analytics, Mission Critical Apps, and IT Automation technologies.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Partner with Engineering to develop and enhance solutions and launch them on a regular basis.
- Identify market opportunities, define solution vision and strategy.
- Engage with prospects and customers to discover underlying business drivers, identify challenges, devise solutions and demonstrate capabilities.
- Develop business cases and ROI projections, define release goals and prioritize features.
- Monitor relevant emerging industry trends and technologies and develop a keen understanding of the corresponding on-premise and cloud competitive landscape.
- Evangelize and drive adoption of solutions into multiple market segments leveraging various communication channels such as presentations, speak at industry forums, whitepapers, blogs, webinars, live demonstrations, etc.
- Work with sales and partners, be advocate of our solutions, and build a strong ecosystem for us.
- Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, Data Science or MIS.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management. Additional experience in Engineering and Technology Strategy role is a plus.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Data Science (including Machine Learning and Deep Learning frameworks), Big Data Analytics, NoSQL, Virtualization, and Containers.
- Knowledge and experience in some of the following: Hadoop, Mongo DB, Cassandra, Cloudera, HortonWorks, MapR, Splunk, Analytics Frameworks - Software, TensorFlow, SAP Data Hub and application environments utilizing this software.
- Knowledge and experience in converged/hyperconverged stack (compute, network, storage) and GPU solutions is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with ability to work independently to deliver results.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using financial data, usage metrics, ROI, etc. to drive decision-making.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross functional teams.
- This position is based in Santa Clara and will eventually require you to be onsite. We are not offering relocation at this time.
- 10% domestic and international travel may be required.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge