Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. Automation Delivery Architect
The Automation Delivery Architect is responsible for working with multiple teams, both internal and external, with the objective of providing quality automation solutions and a positive experience to our customers. The Architect handles solution design, technical escalations, leads the development team, provides technical delivery oversight and/or coordinates with a Subject-Matter-Expert (SME). Architects facilitate in service development and provide mentoring and guidance to the Technical Consultants. The Architect works very closely with the Project Managers and facilitates the delivery team to design, architect, implement, and integrate Hitachi Vantara solutions into customer environments.
This role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping common customer and service operations business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions. Demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end information technology security is a must.Responsibilities
- Proactively manage the development team, architecting technology related to automating Hitachi and/or multi-vendor storage and compute solutions.
- Infrastructure Operations Assessment to address LOE reduction requirements, based on automation development and implementation.
- Works closely with the Project Manager to monitor progress, minimize issues to ensure delivery success customer satisfaction
- Drive the success of professional services engagements leading design discussions and troubleshooting and by supporting Technical Consultants.
- Listen to customer needs, understand their challenges, articulate the overall services solution and subsequent implementation plan to customers in terms they comprehend
- Manages multiple projects, requiring effective time management and judgement based on the needs of the project
- Functions as primary technical contact for all members of the combined Hitachi Vantara and customer team
- Responsible for actively involving the customer to discuss and complete the engagement project readiness
- Participate in discussions for "Continuous Improvement" activities. Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content among the Automation Professional Services community
- Provides vision to management on technology, tools and skills requirements.
- Build relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be Hitachi Vantara advocates
- Understand system architecture of upstream and downstream impacts when implementing solutions
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Hitachi Vantara products, administration best practices, and agile methodology best practices
- Bachelor's degree (Master's Preferred) or equivalent experience. 10+ years of IT architecture experience in a large enterprise capacity.
- 5+ years of combined DevOps experience with compute, storage, data security, database, ETL, and API development.
- Understanding of ITIL methodologies and experience with the design and operation of a Service Delivery Framework
- Strong technical background with a firm understanding of compute and storage hardware platforms, operating systems, fabric interconnects, DevOps pipeline development, and the DevOps life cycle
- Strong background in IT automation, experience with Hitachi Automation Director, is a plus but not required; Experience with other automation platforms; Ansible, Terraform, Chef and Puppet, strongly desired
- AGILE Development Methodology, experience required
- High-Level design development, low-level design development and architecture review presentation capability, is required
- Hands-on development, oversights of developer coding methodology, and enforcement of coding standards, is required
- Strong project management background with specific experience with meeting aggressive timelines
- Risk management framework and reporting
- Prior customer-facing (internal or external) experience a must
- Self-motivated with an inquisitive / problem solving mentality, who can take ownership of a subject
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge