Meet our Team
Our EMEA Tax Team operates as a Centre of Excelence within Global Financial Shared Service (GFSS). With our broad knowledge and expertise in tax area (covering the full spectrum of taxes: VAT, CIT, WHT, local taxes, TP etc.) we collaborate as a team and cross-functionally (with Finance/Logistisc/Sales Operation) to ensure that Hitachi Vantara operates in the tax compliant way and in line with accounting standards.What you'll be doing
In your role of Senior Tax Specialist you will be assigned to provide services to one of our customers namely Fujifilm. You will be responsible for the VAT processes, drive changes and improvements and take ownership for VAT compliance and timely reporting.
Your tasks will include:
What you bring to the team
- Being responsible for ongoing VAT compliance, incl. Intrastat - EC Sales listing etc.
- Producing ERP (SAP) reports on a regular basis and translate this data in standard VAT returns for the countries you are responsible for
- Submission of VAT, ESL and Instrastat return to local tax authorities within the defined timelines
- Contributing to the design and further enhancement of a VAT internal control framework and also ensuring standardization towards the Policies and Procedures for other Hitachi Vantara customers / Hitachi Vantara itself
- With the support of specialized resources at Hitachi Vantara Tax team, ensuring the VAT coding in SAP Master Data is correct and kept up to date (functional ownership). Likewise ensuring the invoice document design in SAP is meeting all compliance requirements related to HMSE transaction flows.
- Supporting stakeholders during tax audits and ad hoc matters in terms of the appropriate VAT treatment
Your additional assests:
- Broad experience (3-5 years) within tax area (VAT), together with in-depth knowledge of international and domestic tax legislation
- Relevant education (graduate degree) preferably in Accountancy, Tax, Finance, Law ora related field
- Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiations and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with multiple varied internal/external groups/organizations within international environment (using English language witten and spoken on a daily basis)
- Great prioritization skills: flexibility while adhering to tight timelines, detail oriented and at the same time the ability to see the bigger picture, high level energy and strong drive for change, at the same time ability to deal with resistance
- Working knowledge in ERP environment (SAP/Oracle)
- Good command of German or Spanish
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge