Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes!The Role
Hitachi Vantara is searching for a highly-motivated, proactive, business-minded person to assist the Hitachi Vantara Legal - Compliance Team in the management of critical administrative and process-related aspects of the Data Privacy and Global Trade Compliance programs. The role is required to interact and collaborate with cross-functional teams within the Legal - Compliance Team, as well as across other parts of the company, on a global basis.Responsibilities
- Manage the privacy-related review and approval processes of Hitachi Vantara's Vendor Risk Program and provide support for Hitachi Vantara's responses to data subject access requests.
- Maintain and manage the Hitachi Vantara Global Trade Compliance related systems data (e.g ECCN, License Exceptions) and conduct customer export screening.
- Track and respond to internal stakeholder questions about the Data Privacy and Global Trade Compliance Programs.
- Manage the Data Privacy and Global Trade Compliance teams' respective sharepoint and internal websites.
- This position will have regular interactions with and opportunities to collaborate within, and beyond, the global Hitachi Vantara Legal - Compliance Team.
- 2+ years of experience in data privacy and/or global trade compliance environment as an analyst, administrator, paralegal or similar role. Commitment to learn and build expertise in both areas.
- Legal experience as a certified paralegal or junior attorney with a Bachelors Certificate in Law is highly desirable.
- Analytical thinker with systematic knowledge or understanding of databases, process documents and tracking systems. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. An individual who can work with a range of internal and external business and legal professionals, manage multiple priorities and projects with firm deadlines, and influence cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver tasks within set deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High integrity and appreciation of the significance of confidentiality and data security to business operations.
- A business-oriented, practical risk and balanced approach, is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,