Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Project Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Candidate must become thoroughly familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of the project.
- Directs and reviews the overall planning of project activities to identify critical milestones and priorities.
- Determines and reviews budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. Manages and reviews the assignment of manpower, materials, and equipment to maximize efficiency, maintain schedules, and to meet budget goals.
- Leads the team to achieve all cost and schedule objectives while keeping alert to possible problem areas and takes preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
- Provides and presents project status reviews to client.
- Prepares and/or reviews cost and risk analyses and extra work claims for the client.
- Will be the primary contact and required to maintain a strong client relationship.
- A critical component to ensuring the project is performed to the standard safety and quality assurance requirements for the client.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Previous Project Management experience
- Experience working in mass transit industry projects preferred
- Working knowledge of safety and security, buy America regulations, train control systems, passenger vehicles, communication systems, communication systems, traction electrification systems, operation & maintenance of rail systems preferred.
- Strong Leadership and Communication Skills
- A minimum of five years of project management experience
- Previous Project Management experience working on rail industry projects preferred
- Experience in the following areas of project management: Customer management, scheduling, planning, critical path analysis, change order management, risk management, cost estimation, and contract negotiation.
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.