Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet our Team
Do you have a passion for working with Executives and providing white glove treatment to customers? Hitachi Vantara is looking for qualified candidates with a successful track record in Executive Briefing Centers (EBC). Hitachi offers a unique and collaborative culture which empowers all of our employees to be innovative and creative.
The Executive Briefing Center Program Manager
will work closely with field sales, marketing, product and solutions teams, as well as executive teams across the company including the C-suite, to provide exemplary support and organization around critical senior level sales meetings. They will foster and promote customer relationships to influence larger, more strategic sales opportunities and enhance Hitachi brand loyalty. This role must be based in the California Bay Area. While our EBC is currently operating in a Virtual mode, we will soon be back in person leading visits in our Santa Clara HQ Center.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Marketing, this individual will be responsible for helping the Hitachi Vantara Briefing Program team plan and execute customized executive briefings and customer experiences that enhance Hitachi's brand recognition, increase existing customers' spend and expand market share globally.
Part of a global team, this person must be a team player; highly dependable, confident and committed to Hitachi's success. The candidate must be flexible, creative, detail-oriented, consistent, and a reliable producer under tight deadlines. They must also be comfortable working with all levels of management and Executives, including large company Presidents and CxO's as well as other high-level VIP's. This position will be measured on the ability to provide a consistent, premier level EBC experience, as well as customer satisfaction and increased trust.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Work with the Hitachi Vantara Briefing Program team to plan and execute customized executive briefings and customer experiences that enhance Hitachi's brand recognition, increase existing customers' spend and expand market share globally.
- Position Hitachi Vantara solutions, products, services and innovations to differentiate Hitachi from the competition.
- Maintain business meeting etiquette and show sensitivity to cultural differences of worldwide customers.
- Be a thought leader and manage briefings to be a strategic sales and marketing tool and powerful vehicle for customer input and collaboration.
- Manage the framework, processes, and infrastructure of briefings to provide account coverage and meet utilization objectives.
- Define and execute on program objectives, and measure, analyze and report results to senior management.
- Direct the appropriate use of the Hitachi Vantara Executive Briefing Center and support internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Liaise with other organizations (Sales, Marketing, Product Teams and Executives) to ensure customers have access to Hitachi Vantara discussion leaders and expertise to meet their objectives for their visit to the EBC.
- Align the briefing program vision and activities with the sales process and strategy.
- Implement an internal advocacy strategy to align the EBC with corporate initiatives and to create advocacy for the EBC.
- May include some leadership, management, development, and coaching of junior EBC staff.
- Prior EBC Experience is required for this role
- B.A./B.S. in Marketing strongly preferred - Bachelors degree or it's equivalent at a minimum
- 6-8 years marketing experience to include: Executive Briefing Centers, Marketing Programs, Customer References, Events, Sales Enablement
- Strong project and program management skills; experience in prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Poise, discretion, and a demonstrated ability to interact with individuals at all levels of an organization and directly with strategic customers, managing communications with them both individually and as a group
- Experience in EBC tools such as Briefing Source preferred as well as an understanding of Signet, Centersuite, and Salesforce.
- Ability to manage processes on a worldwide basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in addition to strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Skilled at working cross-culturally and with global visitors
- Ability to interact at the most senior levels internal and external to Hitachi Vantara
- Ability to coach, mentor and train junior team members and have the ability to persuade key stakeholders on the benefits of a proposed approach
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and ensure cohesive efforts toward a shared goal
- Presentation and facilitation skills for executive level management, public groups, etc.
- An understanding of product and sales strategy within the consulting industry and the demonstrated ability/commitment to learn and apply knowledge quickly
- Familiarity with vendor management, virtual platform design and execution, and Japanese business culture
- A strong work ethic and service-oriented approach to dealing with internal and external customers
- Attention to detail and willingness to address administrative aspects of these programs in order to ensure successful results
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge