Electric Vehicles and Fleet SME
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Global Social Innovation Business (SIB)
Location: Remote work with up to 25% travel
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Hitachi’s Social Innovation Business provides sophisticated social infrastructure systems utilizing information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) for the Internet of Things (IoT) era. Designing and building the first US driverless rail transit system, the ultimate electron microscope to develop advanced materials or the ultra-small RFID to support global research on bees—it's all in a day’s work for Hitachi engineers. The SIB is strategically aligned to the Hitachi’s priorities and passionately focused on positioning a distinctive Hitachi brand in the marketplace and driving long-term revenue growth for the SIB business.
This Innovative Industry SME role will be a market facing role focused on driving large deals and pursuits alongside the business development managers. Specifically, this role will focus on understanding the marketplace, our customers’ business challenges, and how Hitachi SIB solutions, incubation and co-creation can address those needs. The Industry SME acts as an enabling function to help the sales organization execute our strategies and meet our targets while guiding the technical development of solutions. The Industry SME delivers this result through providing deep understanding of the business challenges and trends within their industry and by providing the creative and innovative application of a broad set of business and technology skills to solve customer challenges.
The Industry SME will be responsible for customer segmentation and targeting within industries, leading critical aspects of the sales cycle, as well as helping to improve overall win rates for our solutions pursuits. Industry SME’s may also provide and participate in conference, shows, and exhibitions to continue to develop business contacts and build brand equity for Hitachi and the Social Innovation group.
Demonstrate extensive knowledge of, and/or a proven knowledge of industry operations, business management, and industry vision:
- Coordinate, execute, and assist sales pursuits in conjunction with other Hitachi organizations. Identify future deals while giving input into prioritization and strategy of pursuits, manage the sales cycles and answer the tough client questions.
- Deep SME expertise of EV, renewable, fleet experience, grid/micro-grid and expertise with the ability to map SIB solutions to business problems through perfect delivery of solution message and value proposition
- Understand and articulate business pain points with executive level audiences.
- Applying subject expertise in evaluating business operations, co creation opportunities in EV, renewable energy, fleet, grid/micro-grid and associated industries
- Act as a multi-threaded thought leadership thinker with ability to solve multiple business problems or offer multi-pronged solutions to a problem. Working with global teams to develop and deliver common, cost-efficient minimal viable solutions
- Development of custom proposals for solutions. Including assessments, pilots, portfolio scale-out and ongoing managed services.
- Analyze won/lost pursuits in detail to provide the information for the Solutions Enablement team to evolve marketing positioning and messaging.
- Ability to build vision, defines requirements, design practical solutions, develop supporting business cases and implement solutions for clients.
- Identify, develop, and incorporate advanced electric vehicle technologies. Validate electric vehicle controls and requirements. Define interactions between vehicle systems.
- Elicit requirements from customers, sales teams, government regulations, and industry standards to capture customer and business needs.
- Create work plans for upcoming programs by establishing scope, identifying deliverables, and estimating resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related Electrical Vehicle Engineering degrees, Masters Degree in Engineeringering or an MBA preferred. Equivalent combination of knowledge and specialized experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 10-15 years in the utilities/grid/energy/ev industry as well as experience with business development.
- Experience with automotive or commercial vehicle networks, such as CAN, SAE J1939 and LIN preferred. Understands design, development, and validation of automotive technologies.
- Analysis of trends and technical factors related to alternate fuels transportation
- Development of studies, reports, and summaries related to electrification, renewables, and grid technology trends
- Knowledge of:
- Transportation Electrification, alternative fuel sources, and grid analytics
- Electric vehicle and charging station analytics
- Electric vehicle charging applications, problems, and solutions
- Batteries, electric motors and power electronics for vehicles
- Vehicle sensors and autonomous technologies
- Advanced combustion engines and fuels
- Transportation technology evaluation, demonstration, and deployment
- Fleet management expertise (conventional and alternative fuel vehicles)
- Demonstrable credentials in Electrical Vehicle Engineering and/or fleet operations as a leading Subject Matter Expert.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success, in the following areas:
- Proven track record in achieving annual goals and working in a matrixed team environment.
- Knowledgeable about Digital and IoT and technology terminology, techniques, and methodologies.
- Excellent business development skills in business-to-business solutions technology sales with the ability to effectively perform and direct business development tasks to maximize revenues and profits. In-depth knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across a diverse organization with other industry and solution Directors/VPs, as well as the Service Delivery personnel.
- Proven track record of multi-tasking incubation, multiple customer engagements, business development, client-side delivery, and people management skills.
- Impeccable organization, account planning and time management skills. Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to think strategically and identify opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; working with customers and coworkers in a team setting
- Advanced ability to recommend and implement technical solutions for cross-functional projects.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations and work environments
- Exceptional leadership and mentorship abilities to introduce and implement technical solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable in multitasking on time-sensitive tasks without diminished quality of work-
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.