Pre-Sales Solution Architect
Company: Hitachi Ltd.
Division: Global SIB Division
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Social Innovation Business
Hitachi’s Social Innovation Business (SIB) provides sophisticated social infrastructure solutions, leveraging Hitachi’s information technology and operational technology experience, for the Internet of Things era. Designing and building the first US driverless rail transit system, factory and humanoid robots, the ultimate electron microscope to develop advanced materials or the ultra-small RFID to support global research on bees—it's all in a day’s work for Hitachi engineers. The SIB is strategically aligned to Hitachi’s priorities and passionately focused on positioning a distinctive Hitachi brand in the marketplace while driving long-term revenue growth for the SIB business.
Our Pre-Sales Solution Architect is a market facing role, focused on understanding the digital and IoT market landscape, the Hitachi solution portfolio and how data can be used to solve our client’s large-scale, business-impacting challenges. Specifically, this role will provide deep technical, data science, and industry expertise to scope innovative solutions to solve customer challenges.
The Pre-Sales Solution Architect may also participate in conference, shows, and exhibitions to develop business contacts and expand brand equity for Hitachi and the Social Innovation Business organization.
Our team is engaged in delivering solutions for Hitachi’s Social Innovation Business across Transportation, Asset Management and Discrete Manufacturing.
Our global Social Innovation Business team is looking for a technology expert with 10+ years of experience to lead aspects of the IoT customer driven solution definition, from conception of innovative “first of a kind” digital solutions, through pilot validation, and production rollout in very short timeframes.
The ideal candidate will have strong industry customer relationships, familiarity with a variety of industry problems and business solutions, and the ability to present sophisticated technologies and related business value propositions to an executive (CXO) audience.
- Collaborate with clients and Hitachi data scientists to build vision, define requirements, design practical solutions, develop supporting business cases and implement solutions for clients.
- Run workshops and discovery sessions to understand and capture client needs then applying design thinking principles to recommend an end-to-end solution.
- Influence development teams to implement new technologies, approaches, optimizations or methodologies as needed to meet client requirements
- Monitor and evaluate technical solutions proposed throughout the customer engagement, and alert the account teams to potential risks and opportunities
- Deliver ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner to an executive audience
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science or related technical field. Graduate degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in customer-facing IoT business development or sales support role; demonstrated business development support - RFI, RFP, and proposal responses as well as participation in client facing meetings and presentations; experience with business case development preferred
- Experience designing and deploying all aspects (business requirements, technical requirements, user interface, business logic, data integration, data storage) of IIoT and Digital transformation solutions
- Experience designing and deploying on-prem, cloud, and hybrid-based architectures
- Experience designing and architecting complex distributed data pipelines
- Experience architecting solutions with constraints due to limited communications, high volume data, disparate data sources, or cost
- Experience developing solutions for repeatability
- Experience preparing and presenting technical solutions to client audiences, large groups, and conferences
- Experience providing training to internal and external customers
- Industrial and market knowledge of some, or all, the following:
- Asset Management
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Fleet Management
- Logistics & Distribution Systems
- Scheduling Solutions
- Security & Safety Solutions
- Smart Containers
- Supply Chain Solutions
- Experience with one, or more of the following technologies:
- Augmented Reality
- Camera-Based Monitoring/Computer Vision and Video Analytics
- GPS-based tracking
- 3D Printing
- Developed relationships with key industry personnel
- Experience working in a large, complex global company
- Experience working with the Japanese culture is a plus
- Ability to evaluate and communicate the technical and business tradeoffs of various solution architectures to an executive audience
- Ability to travel on a global basis as needed
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data Architecture, ETL, Data Lakes, and Big Data principles
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles
- Knowledge of a telecommunications architecture
- Knowledge of SCADA and process historians
- Knowledge of, and experience with, at least one MES/MOM
- Connecting to PLC/DCS systems, electrical systems and machine controls
- Integrating to/from at least one ERP system
- Leveraging security-centric algorithms and protocols (e.g., AES, ACLs, ECC, SSL, TLS)
- Experience with one, or more, IoT Platforms (e.g., GE Predix, AWS IoT, PTC Thingworx, Microsoft Azure IoT Suite)
- Experience with two or more of the following:
- Data science tools (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Storm and related languages such as Pig, Hive, Mahout)
- Connectivity technologies used in IoT (e.g., Bluetooth LE, Zigbee)
- REST, MQTT, AMQP, WebSockets, XML, JSON (and JSON Parsing), Python, R, Juptyer Notebooks, JS, etc.
- NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra)
- IoT gateways & APIs to create custom protocols
- RPA (robotic process automation) programs across tools (e.g., Automation Anywhere, Workfusion, Blueprism, and RAGE)
- Experience with most, or all, of the following:
- Asset Management or Maintenance System (e.g., Maximo)
- Detailed Production Scheduling (e.g., SAP APO)
- Inventory Management System (e.g., RedPrairie, SAP WM)
- Logistics/Distribution System (e.g., OTM)
- Supply Chain Planning and Procurement System (SAP SCM)
- Quality Management System (e.g., SAP QM, InfinityQS)
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.