Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their data challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a passionate and proven senior analyst relations leader to help us support our company and portfolio through a new phase of accelerated growth.
Our market leading portfolio of product, solutions and services - spanning data infrastructure, data management and IoT software, cloud solutions and services, and consulting services - have been widely recognized in numerous major market and vendor evaluations from Gartner, Forrester, IDC and others.
The analyst relations director is responsible for leading the strategic planning and execution of these core evaluations to ensure we maintain - and improve - our current positions and support strategic entries into new market categories. Additionally, they will lead an experienced team of AR professionals to drive global programs and maintain positive relationships with our company's analyst community.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the technology industry, evolving data trends, and be able to 'connect the dots' across a broad portfolio to effectively articulate our strategy and differentiators. They will be a strong executive communicator that can distill and effectively articulate complex technical topics and influence and manage cross-functional relationships to drive best possible outcomes for the business and their team. They will understand how to strategically engage the analyst community and draw on insights gained from those interactions to help improve Hitachi Vantara's portfolio and inform our business strategy. S/he is a strong writer and project manager who loves to roll up their sleeves and can manage and collaborate with a distributed, remote team and a broad network of internal stakeholders and agency partners to deliver results.
The primary objective of this role is to help Hitachi Vantara effectively position its portfolio in a variety of highly competitive markets designed to help clients advance their data-centric business initiatives.
This position reports to the Vice President of Corporate Marketing and Communications and resides within the company's Global Marketing organization. The location for this position is flexible in the United States.Responsibilities
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with key industry analysts and oversee the company's relationship with key analyst firms including Gartner, IDC, Forrester, 451 Research, ESG and others.
- Manage the annual production of key market and vendor evaluations, and collaborate with product, solution and services marketing and management stakeholders to appropriately position Hitachi Vantara and its offerings in those evaluations.
- Partner with the Hitachi Vantara executive team to develop and articulate the company's overall business and technology direction and strategy to the analyst community.
- Facilitate regular inquiry and strategic advisory sessions with key analysts that help to inform corporate, category and product strategy and bring market-in insights to the business.
- Provide counsel to executives and other spokespeople on how to effectively message and position the business and its innovations to the analyst community.
- Lead and manage a team of four US-based analyst relations professionals and collaborate closely with Japan-based communications colleagues.
- Partner closely with the Customer Advocacy team to drive a successful peer reviews program through channels such as Gartner Peer Insights and IT Central Station
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product, solutions and services marketing and management, customer advocacy, partner marketing, public relations and social media to develop integrated communications strategies for product, solution and service introductions.
- Manage Hitachi Vantara's AR agency partner relationship to develop and execute program strategies and elements at scale.
- Develop and drive the AR function's program metrics and KPIs, as well as extracting and reporting out qualitative insights from analyst interactions in our Spotlight Oz AR 'CRM' system.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience managing analyst relations programs.
- Experience in large, global B2B technology, software, services companies a plus.
- Strong analytical, project and program management skills.
- Excellent executive communications capabilities.
- Knowledge of the technology and data trends landscape.
- Experience working with distributed global communications and marketing colleagues, and agency partners, to ensure global consistency and alignment of messaging and content.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality work, calmly and with good judgment in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.