Meet our Team
We are a part of Employee Digital workplace enabling Hitachi Vantara employees working on office-based audio-visual and collaboration technologies. Our team supports all offices globally and our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
The UC Engineer role requires an innovative thinker who can apply traditional Telecom concepts to the world of cloud and digital transformation. The UC engineer will assist in designing, deploying, supporting, and operating the HITACHI VANTARA Global Telecom for a globally distributed environment. This role requires strong demonstrated skills with the Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams Voice
and O365 technology
. AWS Connect
experience also preferred.
You will be responsible for producing all required deliverables including the following:
• Implementing and supporting the Microsoft Teams and Teams Voice solutions
• Collaboration room AV knowledge is required
• Providing day to day UC operational support for a global environment
• Identifying inefficiencies in the environment and seeking to address those with automation, training, process changes, machine learning, AI, etc.
• You will be working closely with the Business, Desktop Operations and Desktop Engineering to continually improve the user experience.
• Developing and maintaining strong professional relationships with IT/Business teams as well as end users
• Determining criticality of business issues, identifying business impact and escalating problems to upper management
• Maintaining accurate and timely status updates on tickets
• Assisting in creating and reviewing technical documentation and operations guides
• Performing problem investigation, diagnosis, and root cause analysis with the goal of mitigating the risk of recurring issuesWhat you bring to the team
• 3+ years of technical experience in the field of Unified Communications and/or Telecommunications
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Engineering, or another technical field
• Preferred vendor experience: Microsoft Teams and O365
, Cisco, AudioCodes, Polycom and Jabra/Plantronics
• Design and deployment experience with Microsoft Teams
and AWS Connect
• Strong knowledge of Telecom technologies such as VoIP, telephone carriers and associated services, SIP trunking, etc.
• Understanding of AD, DNS, DHCP, Networking, Firewall technologies
• Experience with PowerShell or other scripting tools
• Familiarity with one or more Contact Center solutions
• Broad Knowledge of Telecom Management, Monitoring and Provisioning Tools
• Strong analytical skills, dedication, attention to detail and ability to excel under pressure.
• Ability to work well with others in a team-oriented environment.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: