NAS Netapp Storage Administrator
Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
• Has an overall experience of more than 10yrs in Infrastructure services with minimum 7yrs on Storage domain
• Experience of Leading a team of minimum 10 Technologists
• Excellent understanding of Storage architecture
• Subject matter expertise on 2 or more EMC Storage products (VMAX, Unity, VNX, SRDF), NetApp (Cdot, 7mode), HNAS, CISCO SAN
• Knowledge on complete ITIL process (minimum foundations certified)
• Successfully implemented one or more Continuous service improvement initiatives to drive Efficiency, Process Standardization or Automation
• Good people management and leadership skills
• Good at mentoring and delegation
• Client focused with regards to service delivery
• Good analytical and Problem solving skills (the ability to think logically through a problem)
• Must have the initiative, tenacity and commitment to see problems through to resolution
• Commitment and vision towards Automation drive
• Able to respond to and resolve client queries and requests in a timely manner
• Understanding Project Management concepts and exposure to drive and deliver successful Project implementation
• Ability to produce clear and concise documentation
• Good at project delivery management and service management skill
• Effective communication skills in both verbal and written English
• Ability to work well under pressure
• A flexible approach with "Can do" attitude
• Comfortable with MS Office tools (Excel, Project, Powerpoint), PowerBISkills
- Troubleshooting and end-to-end resolution of identified (hardware/software/configuration) issues, including failed disk drives, power supplies, performance, capacity, connectivity, transmission errors.
- Coordination and/or installation/implementation of new NAS equipment.
- Creation and administration of fabric configurations such as device aliases/fcaliases, zones and zonesets.
- Creation and administration of RAID groups, storage groups, aggregates, volumes, LUNs and the provisioning of these to client hosts (Windows, UNIX, ESX)
- Creation and administration of Multi-Protocol File Shares (CIFS, NFS.)
- Decommissioning of NAS Filers including data destruction methods
- Migration of NAS filers via like to like replication, or 3'rd party tools such as Robocopy, EMCopy or Rsync (a MUST)
- Specific background with Netapp to VNX migrations desired
- Perform all functions of an enterprise NAS environment including data protection, backups, archiving and snapshots, de-duplication and replication.
- Excellent e-mail management skills
- Must have at least 5 years of solid NAS administration experience in enterprise NAS environments with greater than 10PB's of NAS
- In-depth knowledge in NAS storage subsystems: EMC: VMAX,VNX and ISILON NetApp NS Series Filers
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be Able to create, analyze, modify and improve technical procedures and technical documents
- Able to write technical reports, procedures and correspondence that are clearly understood.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge