Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Scope of Work
As a Technical Lead Developer, the ideal candidate will have designed, developed, unit tested, implemented and documented solutions that include not only the code to support business functionality, but also the underlying infrastructure required to run that code and the systems required to deploy it. The candidate will have also standardized and tuned the patterns and components in complex system. They should also possess the vision and communication skills to help the team move the systems into the future. The candidate will also possess technical skills and experience in the virtual infrastructure domain, specifically Amazon Web Services. The preferred candidate would also have knowledge and experience with continuous delivery systems.
The candidate will report to the Manager/Director and work within agile application teams that develop and maintain highly visible and critical applications. The candidate will have responsibility to design, implement and tune various software patterns to be used within the applications. They will also be expected to help others on the team use those patterns within the application. As an Agile team member, from time to time, they may be called on to implement, unit test, document and maintain complex technical software solutions in support of the application development and QA processes. Additionally, they will be expected to ensure communication and relationships with customers and cross-team members are professional and meet expectations.
The Technical Lead Developer will maintain awareness and knowledge of the emerging trends in technology, and its usage within the industry, and will apply this learning in the establishment of new and innovative technology strategies to support business needs. The candidate will also work with the teams to establish related practices, standards, and guidelines and provide oversight and adoption support to solution delivery teams.
In addition, successful candidates will be innovative thinkers and passionate in their pursuit of world class technology enabled business solutions.
This is an opportunity for you to design and implement high-quality solutions that enable product and service delivery in support of the College Board's mission, strategy, goals, and objectives. You'll be surrounded by people who are like you; wickedly smart, passionate about the cloud, and know that the work that they are doing today supports the next generation of thought leaders and their future.Roles - Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement standards, patterns and processes which establish consistency across enterprise data, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization's goals and objectives
- Develop and implement solutions, based on that set of standards, patterns and processes
- Define and communicate best practices for modeling, storing, and moving data to support cloud applications
- Design and develop solutions to move/replicate data from an in-house database to AWS data store
- Mentor development team members on data best practices and cloud technologies
- Develop full stack AWS Cloud solutions (with emphasis on Data) and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of the CB IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver solutions with quality.
- Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with "cloud" based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets to test and deploy the systems they develop.
- Take responsibility for the quality of their work; will develop and implement a set of quality criteria and the associated validation method to ensure that any deliverable meets the expected quality levels of our customers, use quality management to ensure quality levels are maintained, seek new approaches and techniques to improve quality levels, employ reviews and observations to maintain the quality and continuous improvement process, and analyze the impact of quality control and quality assurance on project performance.
- Use metrics to establish feasibility of new initiatives and develop plans, including budget, sequencing and time frames.
- Actively review their own and the team's work processes and implements improvements seen from other teams or in industry to drive continuous improvement of the team's efficiency, speed, and quality
- The candidate will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation. Design may include understanding and documenting "current state" implementation
- Ensure procedures and methods are established and adhered to, to operate in PROD as well as to share information with customers and cross-functional team members
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
• 12+ years of experience in software systems, programming, database development, and infrastructure development and administration
• Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience with full stack development.
• 5+ years demonstrated experience with AWS cloud supported programming languages like Java, Node JS, React JS, Bootstrap, Redux (State Management) RESTful APIs with Node.js, Mocha, Chai (Unit Testing)
• 5+ years hands-on with AWS Lambda, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, EC2, RDS and DynamoDB, AWS CLI, Kibana
• Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as: Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation, BitBucket
• Strong problem solving and analytic skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team environment
• Ability to work independently and within Agile teams. Scrum Team Member attitude - willingness to support the team to be successful in any area necessary
• Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring technical staff in the development and usage of cloud technology and solutions
• Working knowledge of AWS Serverless architecture
• Working knowledge of distributed architectural design patterns
- Expertise in the knowledge of programming languages, relational databases, and NoSQL databases
• Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation or similar scripting techniques
• Familiarity with monitoring tool suites like Kibana, NewRelic, DataDog, SumoLogic, and Nagios
• Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
• AWS certificate/s is/are a plus
• Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. selenium, Cucumber) are a plus
• Experience with Agile Scrum practice a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.