Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SOFTWARE ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Turin - Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Support the proper requirements management for all the phases of the software lifecycle according to company standard processes.
- Contribute to the design and the implementation of a complete solution (modules, documentation and tools), applying company standard processes.
- Contribute to the correct operation of the SW on the applicable platforms.
- Contribute to provide the proper level of support to the other functional units (RAMS, Verification, Test & Commissioning)
- Contribute to the application of common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices in coherence with the Development function, applying company standard processes.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience with Bootstrap, AngularJS
- Experience with CI systems
- Experience with Cassandra DB
- Knowledge of developing software in a Linux environment, including writing and modifying shell scripts.
- Basic knowledge of cybersecurity principles of networking and systems protection
- Experience with networking concepts, including routing, VPNs, load balancers, and firewalls.
- Experience with continuous integration, static code analysis, branching and versioning and DevOps.
- Experience implementing and sustaining mission critical enterprise systems.
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
- Experience building enterprise class, multi-process, fault tolerant load balanced and multi-tiered systems.
- Proficiency in Java.
- Experience applying Object-Oriented Design principles and patterns.
- Knowledge of HTML(5), CSS(3)
- Knowledge of application architecture and design patterns.
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture
Master/Bachelor degree in Computer/Electronics/Telecommunications/Automation Engineering, Informatics Language:
English: upper intermediate level required Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower s !
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/