Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the around the globe? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
We are recruiting for a Principal Signalling Project Engineer to join the UK team. In this exciting role, you will play a key role to support the organisation in technical delivery of Railway Signalling projects.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide technical assurance and leadership to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and delivery of projects to the required quality and safety
- Undertake the role of mainly CRE and/or CEM as required by the project
- Technical lead for one or more signalling projects coordinating all engineering activities as well as management of work package leader form the various different signalling engineering functions
- On allocated projects participate in the planning, programming and monitoring of resources to meet programme and budget requirements and targets
- Provide technical leaderships on all signalling and control system tenders in UK and EMEA if necessary
- Liaise with internal engineering functions and assist in the forecast of resource requirements necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
- Provides estimates for the engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements on large projects
- Ensure the effective implementation of the technical solution for a number of projects and bids
- Ensure the monitoring on document submission in terms of on time, on quality and on respect of Technology Cost budget, according to the Contract,
- Ensure project technical activities are executed in line with the Company procedure implementing design and verification process (i.e. design review)
- Ensure that project objectives are clearly communicated to the project team and monitors that technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule
- Manage the team responsible for undertaking independent verification of signalling design and reports
- Ensure the proper execution of the correct Document Management (submission and transmittal process), part of the overall Design Management
- Contribute to the definition and execution of Test and Commissioning activities (e.g. acting as interface with other technology unit involved in the project)
- Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards
- Undertake independent verification of signalling design and reports
- Mentoring, support and development of new staff as and when required
- Lead the preparation of technical details, specification and tenders for signalling projects
- Strong knowledge of UK Signalling principles including knowledge of standards and procedures
- Experience of delivering signalling projects in CRE roles or senior project Engineer
- Experience of dealing with other Engineering functions related to signalling such as Telecoms, Civils, E&P.
- Experience in delivery of signalling and control system projects
- Extensive senior level experience of UK signalling design at outline design and detailed design
- Knowledge of ETCS/ERTMS
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with team members located in multiple locations
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to people without detailed knowledge of railway signalling systems
- IRSE Signalling Verifier Licence licences (1.1.160) and/or IRSE Signalling Principles license (1.1.550) or IRSE project engineer licence.
- Hold PTS
- Passed IRSE Examination
- Qualification(s) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards desirable
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!