Senior Test EngineerThe Company
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
Hitachi Vantara seeks a Senior Test Engineer with strong hands-on technical skills that span Hitachi or Competitor enterprise storage arrays, replication products, SAN switches, Operating system, scripting etc.. The individual will be responsible to contribute on replication performance tests and other solution tests with minimum assistance from peers.Responsibilities
- Set up test environment and run performance benchmarking tests on replication environment with Hitachi storage systems.
- Create and document detailed test plans, performance briefs, Implementation Guides and other technical documents that detail the configurations, test methodology results and Best Practices.
- Work with Engineering and partners (if appropriate) to properly set test and performance goals and maximize results.
- Design, develop, and maintain a dynamic lab environment that can be rapidly configured to suite specific hardware or software solutions.
- Create and provide advanced-level technical training to System Engineers (- other technical audiences as appropriate).
- Develop automated scripts for testing, setup preparation etc. (using Python, Shell, etc).
- Provide frequent status updates and reports to keep management up-to-date.
- Experience in performance benchmarking, tuning and analysis. File, Content and/or Block performance bottleneck identification is critical for this role.
- Good experience on NAS, File storage architecture, configuration, and management.
- Experience on software defined storages, configuration, provisioning, troubleshooting etc.
- Experience in Cloud platform and storage administration is an advantage.
- Experience with other virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Good hands on experience with HDS storage or at an expert level with IBM/HP/EMC/NetApp storage in block and file services.
- Good storage knowledge in RAID, disk-subsystem, file system, snapshot, replication (in-system, remote) and deduplication.
- Excellent knowledge in networking and storage protocols: NFS, CIFS, TCP/IP, Fibre Channel, Storage Area Network.
- Coding experience (in python, Perl, shell, etc) to automate test scripts is a big plus
- Excellent writing and documentation skills; very good verbal communications (including presentations and providing technical training).
- Broad exposure and experience in integrating hardware solutions including servers (UNIX, LINUX, and Windows) with storage systems.
- Excellent internal and external customer skills. Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior technical and executive levels including consultants, SE, PM, VP, etc.
- A team player and fast adoption to changes (technical and process) is a must.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.