Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior HSE Advisor who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Establish, document, implement, maintain and continually improve the HSE Management System implemented of multiple locations in compliance with International Standards, IMS and Local Procedures;
• Ensure the implementation of the activities in compliance with HSE Policies, Customer Requirements, HSE Legislative requirements and the HSE Management System.
• Ensure the implementation of the HSE hazard identification, risk assessment and determination of necessary controls measures;
• Ensure the implementation of HSE Compliance Legislative Audit in relation to the annual schedule;
• Develop the HSE Programs for the achieving of the planned HSE Objectives and Targets;
• Ensure HSE Local Communication, Participation and Consultation;
• Ensure the identification of the HSE training needs and the implementation of the necessary HSE training program in cooperation with HR Department;
• Ensure the identification of emergency situation and the management procedure for response;
• Ensure the monitoring, reporting and communication of the HSE performance and provide recommendations and solutions in case of negative trends;
• Ensure that all HSE accidents and incidents are reported, investigated and analyzed at the purpose to learn from incidents;
• Ensure that nonconformities are identified and corrective/preventive actions are taken into account to mitigate it and avoid the recurrence;
• Participate in annual internal/external HSE Audits;
• Ensure that working areas are inspected on regular base in compliance with local legislation and HSE Management System;
• Participate in the annual management review meetings. Required Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health, Safety and/or Environment Management
• 5+ years managing safety in a Manufacturing Industry
• Communication, presentation and training Development and Delivery Experience
• Experience integrating into functional teams and engaging stakeholders from across all disciplines in the HSE Program
• Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA Regulations
• Implementing programs and policies within ISO 14001 and 45001 Certified Organizations
• Demonstrated ability to inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and legislative requirements, standards, and regulations.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships and promote a harmonious safety environment.
• Ability to complete written reports and electronic communications expeditiously and with a high-degree of accuracy and professionalism.
• Computer proficiency with a strong knowledge of PCs and software applications related to the work, such as MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, etc.
• A valid Driver's License
• Demonstrated ability to identify and take action on safety-related issues, conduct root cause incident investigations and handle both uncomfortable and sensitive situations.
• Ability to travel within the US Desired Skills:
• OSHA 511 Authorized Outreach Trainer Designation
• Lead ISO 14001 and 45001 Auditor Certification
• Experience developing and implementing internal auditing programs
• Experience with Electrical Safety & Standards (e.g. NFPA 70E)