Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, ChallengeMeet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. Role
The Technical Support Specialist provides technical support, advice and assistance to Hitachi Vantara's customers upon their need to address technical, hardware and software system problems. This includes specific products and their integration, as a Solution. The Technical Support Specialist generally deals directly with end users and, as such, must be able to communicate effectively to ensure that requirements as well as answers and advices are well understood by the stakeholders.
The type of problems the Technical Support Specialist deals with varies from simple to complex and may include issues such as end user inabilities to access data, poor performance and/or system inefficiencies. The Technical Support Specialist is part of a team of Customer Service professionals who are responsible for providing Hitachi's customers with excellent experience as part of a fast-paced, worldwide 24x7 support center. Responsibilities
- Providing level 1 support to Hitachi Vantara customers and field teams, including via phone and online tools.
- Assisting in the resolution of technical support issues including hardware/software configuration problems, product failures, and technical inquiries.
- Perform problem and customer situation management, escalate to the next level of support when necessary, communicate critical case status to management.
- Case management
- Utilize multiple applications and technical tools to assist in troubleshooting, communication, and time management.
- Contribute to Knowledge
- Attend training sessions and potentially assist in conducting training/workshops.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the effectiveness of customer success.
- Aptitude for providing excellent customer service including clear communication, problem solving and technical writing skills
- Possess good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously within a fast paced and changing environment
- Positive self-starter, able to take direction and work within a team environment
- Aptitude to learn and support new products and systems
- Ability to work nights, weekends, or standby shifts as needed to meet schedule requirements
- Skills in one or more of the following areas are highly desired:
- IP Networking Concepts (TCP/IP, Active Directory)
- Cloud based Solutions
- Programming Skills (Python, REST API)
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Operating systems including Windows, Linux, VMware
- Enterprise Storage Solutions and Produts (Hitachi, EMC, IBM)
- Fibre Channel, Connectivity Solutions (Brocade, Cisco)
- Other software solutions including but not limitted to Veritas, MSCS, Oracle, Exchange, Commvault, etc
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.