Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Local Procurement Buyer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Piossasco - Turin- Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission
Procurement activities implementation according to the local commodity / category strategies. Accountabilities
• Ensure the supplier quotes validity from Bids to Project
• Ensure the identification of the relevant/ potential local suppliers in cooperation with global commodities
• Ensure RFI/ RFP / RFQ process implementation/execution for relevant local procurement commodity/ category in alignment with procurement internal processes and procedures
• Ensure single point of contact and accomplishment of the technical and commercial clarifications to/from Suppliers and Interface with relevant business functions
• Ensure the issuing of evaluation report on Supplier Proposals collecting inputs from the relevant business function (proposal assessment/review )
• Ensure execution of Commercial Negotiations according to Procurement rules
• Ensure the definition and preparation of PO/ Final Contract Documentation for relevant local procurement commodity/ category in alignment with procurement internal processes and procedures
• Ensure the execution of supplier qualification (launch and follow up) (e.g.: SAF/RASC etc. )
• Ensure the execution of all procurement actions required by Variation Requests (scope and specification changes, scope creeps, claims etc.) in alignment with Company processes and guidelines
• Support the implementation of Procurement Process in accordance with Company rules and policies at local level
• Ensure maintenance and updates of the supplier database in alignment with Global
• Support to the collection and provision to the SP unit of all Procurement data relevant for the assigned local commodity/category- to make the "Cost Estimation Template" for the specific bid
• Ensure, according to the supply plan/project schedule and inputs received by SP, the implementation of all the procurement activities for relevant local commodity /category
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- Technical Background
- From 3 up to 5 years of Procurement expertise
- Cost & Commercial Acumen
- Benchmarking and risk management
- Suppliers relationship
- Statutory Policies and Organizational Processes
- Suppliers qualification processes and methods
- Vendor rating and suppliers monitoring
- IT Tools (Ms Office, SAP, E- Auctions ...)
- Procurement Planning Methods
- Purchasing Process and Procedures
University Degree (Engineering, Economics, Law) or Equivalent Languages
Good English proficiency Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/