Meet our Team
We are the RPA platform team part of the IT Corporate applications team at Hitachi Vantara. We collaborate as a team and cross functionally to deliver high value robotic process automations to our internal stakeholders in various business units. We have a great opportunity ahead of us to leverage the RPA capabilities to transform the way we work at Hitachi Vantara.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Partner with our Business process team and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders. Identify high value RPA automation candidates, design - develop using industry best practices keeping scalability in focus.
- Lead projects and process automation efforts as a Technical architect and Senior developer. Drive the process efforts by participating in workshops, designing, developing and communicating RPA solutions.
- Define RPA opportunities by analysis of processes. Assist high level / detailed RPA assessments either for new or existing Automation opportunities. Evaluate and Prototype to provide recommendation to address business requirements.
- Maintains environments and leads functional testing efforts to complete patches and other related system changes. Coordinate with 3rd party vendors on application support issues, defects and enhancements.
- Provide guidance to other developers on best practices aligned with development standards and processes. Guide the design, development, testing and deployment of new RPA functionality.
- Work with cross-functional teams across IT to ensure that all processes, procedures and policies are adhered to for the projects assigned.
- Be available to provide support for critical issues that arise in production on a as needed basis.
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours to meet with Global teams, resolve issues or complete special projects if required.
- 5+ years of software development/architecture experience in RPA tools, 2 + years of hands on experience in Automation Anywhere and strong experience and understanding of business processes across multiple business domains.
- 5+ years of programming experience in VB, C#, C++ or Java or .NET and hands on experience with scripting languages (python, perl, powershell, etc.).
- Strong application development experience and experience building RPA processes using Automation Anywhere. Experience designing complex system solutions using RPA and the expertise to recommend best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication written and verbal and leadership skills. Experience in delivering software projects using Agile methodology.
- RPA certification
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge