Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Signalling Functional Design Engineer,
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic.
The position is based in Turin, Italy. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Ensure the delivery of Functional signalling Design (schemes, specification documents, test report etc.) compliant to project requirements, budget and schedule and to industry standards, company guidelines and processes
- Ensure the delivery of functional design documentation including system requirements and architecture, interface control, scheme plans, control tables, block design, and analysis
- Ensure the gap identification between customer requirements and company products
- Ensure the identification of development and procurement needs based on customer requirements and identified gaps
- Ensure the effective implementation of the lessons-learnt database where the detected design errors, process and tool inefficiencies and the related corrective actions are duly recorded
- Ensure the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents, according to the V&V Plan
- Contribute to the configuration and HW/SW design of the Signalling system by control of the functional design, and produce or control the version control sheet, if applicable.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
- 3 up to 5 years' year of professional experience in Signalling functional design
- Provides, facilitate, implements and maintains suitable document control processes within a project office in accordance with the clients' specifications practices and processes
- System Requirement Specification and Functional Design
- The definition of the system architecture and derived requirements to produce a solution that can be implemented to enable a balanced and optimum result that considers all stakeholder requirements (business, technical etc.)
- System Design - Maintain Design Integrity
- Correlation and site surveys
- Able to review design done by others and maintain the independence required for safety critical design and improve designs
- Functional design: Signaling plan or scheme plan and Control table
- Track side elements Design
- Demonstrate a sound understating of the system configuration requirements and operation characteristics of the computer based or solid state (relay) system and also the ability to implement the system in a safety critical application.
Master/Bachelor degree in Computer/Electronics/Telecommunications/Automation Engineering, Informatics. Language
English: upper intermediate level required. Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower s !
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/