Meet our Team
We partner with Hitachi Vantara's Sales team and leadership to translate the company's sales strategy into an effective operating model. Our Sales teams represent Hitachi Vantara to major clients across many industries and markets, and our team supports all of the planning, operational management, and execution functions that drive successful and high performing sales people. Our data-driven culture and insatiable curiosity drive actionable insights that bring value to the organisation, and we need highly capable and experienced professionals to passionately partner with our stakeholders.
What you'll be doing
Using the variety of tools and data sources available to you, you will drive market-leading Sales Analytics - Intelligence processes. Ensuring that our master data is clean, that you understand the detail in the data, and governance processes are in place, you will protect the integrity of our data that drives our decisions. By diving deep into our Corporate dashboards and the data that sits within them, and through building operational dashboards and analytics to answer market-specific questions, you will uncover actionable insights and develop recommendations to drive our business forward.
You will also regularly partner with Sales leadership on Sales Planning activities. Your expertise will be highly sought after in the entire lifecycle of segmenting our customer base, ensuring an appropriate and optimised coverage mapping, and setting appropriate and aligned sales targets for our team to strive for.
On a weekly basis you will also drive Sales Processes - Cadence across the team. Regularly reviewing and criticising the sales funnel, ensuring that sales teams have represented their sales pipelines accurately, you will dig into and understand all the key data points that give you confidence in the forecast being presented by the Sales team. You will also identify where we can improve our sales processes, calling out where we can make things more efficient for our teams, or more effective for our customers. Where we have large and complex deals in motion, you will be called upon to help shape and drive the sales strategy for the deal that gets us the best outcome possible.
All of the above activities that you will be doing, are part of your role to provide Sales Support. You will partner with Sales leadership to ask the tough questions no-one else is asking, and also answer the questions that no-one else can answer. You are the "go to" support person for our Sales leaders.
What you bring to the team
• Your 5+ years' experience in a high performing Sales Operations team means you have a clear understanding of the key requirements of the role, global best practices in Sales Operations, and how you can add value to the organisation.
• You are assertive and decisive in maintaining alignment with the way we expect business to be conducted at Hitachi Vantara, and maintain respectful assertiveness even when enforcing this with senior stakeholders.
• You plan your time and manage your stakeholders' expectations when you make commitments, and have a track record of meeting your commitments.
• You are comfortable influencing, coaching and leading people across the organisation, including those outside your immediate team.
• Sales leaders look to you for advice and recommendations on how to improve their business, and you have a passion for identifying areas of improvement and strategies to take advantage of them. When it comes time to implement those plans, you roll your sleeves up and work as part of the team to bring it to life.
• You follow and are passionate about industry trends and can share advice and expertise with your stakeholders, and you share your knowledge to drive better outcomes.
Our Company (Do not alter wording)
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Our Values (Do not alter wording)
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge