Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
The Solutions Consultant-Commercial (SC) is a customer and partner-focused technical sales professional who leads the Hitachi Vantara Pre-Sales effort in Commercial accounts by partnering with Hitachi Vantara Commercial Account Managers and Channel Partners to build customer-centric value propositions. The SC provides opportunity-based transactional technical engagement on key deals. The SC must build and nurture relationships with key partners by helping them optimize their investments in Hitachi Vantara solutions and enabling them to deliver valuable business outcomes to their customers. Responsibilities
- Partner with the account manager to define the business account plan and support opportunity prospecting by proactively generating leads through customer meetings, seminars and education.
- Develop deep understanding of the customer business, industry drivers, major transformational factors and resulting business requirements and apply to the creation of a Technical Account Plan and strategy.
- Gather intelligence on customer business issues and strategies to align Hitachi Vantara technology and solutions to address the customer's requirements.
- Develop the technical response to RFx's or the technical elements or approach for the proposal, including products, solutions, software and services.
- Communicate and commit to internal technology and solutions roadmaps and NDAs, to help spur conversations around innovation.
- Understand ecosystem of solution providers and ISVs likely to positively influence customer decisions.
- Take the lead on moving deals through the sales process by knowing how and when to engage the appropriate Hitachi Vantara and partner resources, tools and programs to accelerate the sales process and reduce the time to technical close.
- Define solution options and articulate benefits and ROI, effectively highlighting technological advantages and disadvantages from the customer's perspective.
- Lead and develop Proof of Concepts and presentations of Hitachi Vantara solutions to customers, including white-boarding and presentation of technical material.
- Commit to personal development, exploring internal and external certifications that increase value and impact of the Solutions Consultant role
- Strong relationship skills and executive-level presence
- Good leadership, communication, and technical skills
- Persuasive presentation and public speaking skills. Must be able to command an audience while articulating a meaningful message
- Self-motivated, self-starter and results oriented
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations, and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.