Meet our Team
We are part of a global, GEO based, Operations team, supporting Services Pre and Post sales activities during the development and tracking of services bids. We review the generation of automatic project definition documents, for completeness and accuracy, and on contract win, generate the appropriate Statement of Work (SOW) documentation, in line with customer contract, legal and finance requirements. We complete process workflows through to the Kimble engagement set up team to initiate commencement of delivery
Create all post-sales Delivery (aka "Service Provider") SOWs for our Delivery Partners. As a central operations function, we also provide monthly Business and Process metrics reporting from the system.
This role reside in Dallas, Texas and will eventually be in office once open. What you'll be doing
Assist Sales in pre-sales deal structuring including review of Hitachi financial policies to ensure the deal is sound overall- both financially and contractually.
• When required, participate in Geo/Country/District calls to ensure understanding of pending sales opportunities.
• SOWs are requested as part of the system workflow. Vet the bid details and Project definition documentation to ensure all fields are complete and accurate, funding source is identified correctly and in place.
• Prepare SOWs for signature by Customers, Resellers and Delivery Partners
• As Contracts are received, submit Contracts to Kimble Data Entry team for input into the Kimble PSA tool. Update systems accordingly, (salesforce, Quickbase tool (PSC) and Kimble
• Assist, when required, in creating or modifying Salesforce quotes
• Review and give final approval of Amendments / Project Change Requests (PCR's) for Customer/Reseller/Partner signature; process as required.
• As a GEO Centralized team, the position will provide user support across multiple US/CAN districts
• Work to maintain SLAs with the business, meeting agreed services levels What you bring to the team
- Educated to Degree level or Equivalent, with specialization in Finance, Business Administration or Contract Law being highly desirable
- Service-oriented, customer-focused, with 3-5 years of support and services experience
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus 1-3 years of Finance experience (IFRS); Revenue Recognition types/treatment
- Sound Operations experience, esp. in recognizing/mitigating risk factors in business
- 1-3 years Services Contracts experience is highly desired
- Some understanding of overall services business with some knowledge of the services portfolio, solutions offerings
- Some knowledge of contractual documentation to support services sales
- Strong proficiency with applications and tools usage, e.g. Microsoft Office, WORD and EXCEL skills
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to learn and adapt to change
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent writing skills
- Business English mandatory
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge