• Develop and code models by applying algorithms to large structured as well as unstructured data sets for our more complex projects. Develop visualization products to share analysis across a large group of business users.
• Design strategies and propose algorithms to analyze and leverage data from existing as well as new data sources.
• Continuously seek out industry best practices and develop skills to create new capabilities for data analytics at clients to improve business decisions.
• Network with business stakeholders to develop a pipeline of data science projects aligned with business strategies. Translate complex and ambiguous business problems into project charters clearly identifying technical risks and project scope.
• Participate on cross-disciplinary project team of database specialists, data scientists, and business subject-matter experts to complete project deliverables.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, Operations Research or related fields.
• Master's degree in data science, applied mathematics, or bioinformatics preferred.
• Minimum 6 years relevant work experience (if Bachelor's degree) or minimum 3 years relevant work experience (if Master's degree) with a proven track record in driving value in a commercial setting using data science skills.
• In-depth knowledge of various modeling algorithms e.g. Linear, GLMs, trees based models, neural networks, clustering, PCA, and time series models.
• Proficiency in R (e.g. ggplot2, cluster, dplyr, caret), Python (e.g. pandas, scikit-learn, bokeh, nltk), Spark - MLlib, H20, or other statistical tools.
• Minimum 2 years experience working in a data science or machine learning environment.
• In-depth knowledge of databases, data modeling, Hadoop, and distributed computing frameworks.
• Experience in software development environment, Agile, and code management/versioning (e.g. git).
• Strong EDA skills and experience/knowledge.
• Ability to understand complex and ambiguous business needs and applying the right tools and approaches.
• Collaborative team player.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience developing and testing machine learning and/or statistical projects.
• Strong presentation skills. Ability to present statistical results to lay persons in an easy to understand way.
• We are looking for all levels of data science experience, jr through sr.Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.