Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.Job Overview:
Seeking a VRO/VRA Automation Architect who is a creative architect skilled in code development. You would be responsible for the work that the Development Engineers create and would be supporting a client team who fosters a mission driven work culture. The ideal candidate will be inquisitive and like to learn, be results driven, and have an agile mindset.Roles and Responsibility:
- Define and implement efficient end-to-end provisioning Automation solutions.
- Responsible for designing, creating, maintaining and continually improving orchestrated workflows to automate IT processes throughout the enterprise.
- Accelerates the sales cycle by driving standard solutions, configurations' and proposals through a centralized operation center.
- Support Sales, Pre-Sales and Partners with research related to specific opportunities.
- Work closely with resources from Middleware, Database and Compute, Security, Network Operations, Data Center teams and Engineering groups to create automation solutions.
- VRA/VRO Automation Architect will often lead a team of engineers and developers and collaborate with experienced project managers, analysts, designers, and clients to develop automation solutions for providing self service capabilities for our clients to simplify IT.
- Will need to work with the Architecture, Development groups, Engineering, and Operations to establish standards, best practices' and automation infrastructure solutions within client environments.
- Experience and knowledge in creating Blueprints, publishing catalogs, creating and configuring VRA and VRO/workflows, VRO configurations/integration with external systems/3rd party tools (such as Infoblox service Now), checkpoint TAM, Sailpoint, cyberark etc.
- Provide Architecture solution to develop Self Service Portal and Infrastructure automation.
- Development experience on vRealize Automation (VRA) / VRO 5-7 years of Excellent Scripting skills (Example: Shell Scripts, Blade Logic, vRealize Automation (VRA) and/or Service now) Create Automation solutions using VMware technologies, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic and SOA. Independently leads the design of automation solutions to include hardware platforms, services, and operation systems.
- Lead development of Java based Infrastructure Self-service Portals with a team of Developers, Engineers and Architects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for automation and orchestration Supports the existing Automation Portals, provisioning scripts. Identify the automation orchestration related opportunities throughout the organization Role will be accountable for working multiple internal departments to in delivering enterprise automation solutions.
- Work with development teams for develops Infrastructure web applications using COTS products or JSP, Servlet and XML Excellent knowledge of Service Now and ability to create workflows.
- Experience and development skills in vmWare vRealize Automation (VRA)
- Extensive experience with vRealize Automation (formerly vCAC) and/or vRealize Operations Manager (vROPs) and ability to create workflows.
- Project Delivery experience (plan, design, implement Experience managing performance and availability of mission critical applications, with a focus on virtualized environments.
- Enterprise architectural experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, including the core OS, systems management solutions, Middleware and integration of cross platform technologies. Strong vSphere skills.
- Knowledge in other VMWare technologies knowledge of Red hat Linux 5.x-6.x, Solaris 10/11 and AIX.
- Coding experience in Java, JSP, Servlet, J2EE and Java Script Excellent coding and GUI skills Strong organizational and communication skills Knowledge in web technologies such as Java, Struts and MVC frameworks.
- Knowledge in chef, puppet other similar tools.
- Preferred to have Service Now Development knowledge is plus who has worked on the frontend doing service requests, creating GUI's, creating work flows and building reports. VCloud air, SharePoint, Industry Cloud automation orchestration tools is a bonus.
- Understand Cisco UCS server hardware and connectivity.
- Understand the Cisco Hyper Flex Data Platform, its data writing and reading processes, and data optimization.
- Architect and configure the following: Cisco UCS service profiles Cisco UCS service profile templates, Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) on Cisco UCS, Cisco UCS firmware updates - Cisco UCS backups
- General knowledge of servers
- Routing and switching
- Storage area networking
- Server virtualization
- College Degree or equivalent work experience; advanced studies/degree preferred Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge