Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
As a Lumada Data Catalog Back-end engineer, you will design and develop features that discover, organize and catalog data assets automatically tagging them with business terms and discovering lineages using AI - ML technologies.
You will be guiding team members and also collaborate with them to delight customers through innovative product features and influence their digital transformations.
• MS in Computer Science or related field
• Relevant industry experience of 7+ years
• Experience with Commonly used AI - ML technologies
• Experience with common data management - data science tools
• Experience with Big data, Distributed computing, data mining, data classification
• Can build machine learning and deep learning models
• Strong with math/statistics in diverse applications
• Experience with Java, Spark, Spark MLLIB , Tensorflow
• Solid foundation in data structures and complex algorithms
• Has knowledge of programming languages like Java, Python, SQL, R and Scala
• Can communicate complex data related issues in a simple, actionable way
• Has good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Can work independently and with team members from different backgrounds
• Excellent attention to detail
Nice To Have:
• Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, object stores and Spark
• Familiarity with sensitive data management and compliance related issues
• Good technical writing skills
• Working with a distributed team structure
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.