Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Project Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Oakland, CA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
- Perform specific assigned activities under the guidance of the PM of the project. Examples are reported below :
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the Project Management Plan
- Support in the development and maintenance of the project schedule
- Participate in sub contractor package definition.
- Support the efficiency of the project reporting process
- Participate in the Customer Satisfaction Process (complains recording)
- Support tasks associated with contractual obligations and technical aspects of the project.
- Supports PM with budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
- Supports PM to achieve all cost and schedule objectives while keeping alert to possible problem areas and supports preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
- Supports preparation of and/or reviews cost and risk analyses and extra work claims for the client.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
2 to 5 years of experience Bachelor's degree
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience working in a business team environment.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Analytical ability
- Business management knowledge
- Project management study, practice, and/or experience
Experience in the following areas of project management: Customer management, scheduling, planning, critical path analysis, change order management, risk management, cost estimation, and contract negotiation.Education:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
% travel required 0-25%
Job type Full time