Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a motivated Senior Software Engineer to develop our next generation IOT/Analytics framework. In this role, you will design and implement across the entire platform utilizing your extensive expertise in Java, Go, and HTML/JS. As part of an Agile Scrum team, you will work collaboratively with functional team members to iteratively design and deliver software features through a complete Continuous Integration process. The successful candidate will have initiative to dig in and solve complex problems, positive work attitude in a team environment and desire to quickly understand numerous cutting-edge technologies.Responsibilities
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional engineering team members to design and implement front-end and back-end software solutions.
- Maintain design and coding standards.
- Translate designs and functional specifications into front end code.
- Participate in reviews of business requirements.
- Contribute to functional specifications and participate in reviews of feature designs and test plans.
- Work closely with cross-functional engineering team members to identify - resolve usability issues, and drive continuous improvement in the ease of installation, management, and use of a product.
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS and JS development experience
- Experience with Go is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with Cloud environments (AWS, GKE, Azure)
- Experience with the designing web application UI for scalable distributed software
- Solid understanding of engineering processes and standards
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- A genuine passion for engineering high-quality solutions
- Relevant formal education, including BSCS
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge