Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you will be doing
• Responsible for driving the product management for Lumada's Core foundational services such as XaaS, SaaS, multi-cloud, Security, CI/CD, Development framework, etc.
• Understand and scope the technical requirements to define a clear plan and roadmap
• Work collaboratively application owners and Hitachi FBU's applications to incorporate and build their requirements into the platform
• Work with engineering to deliver the features and functionality in the scheduled releases
• Develop clearly differentiated features that drive adoption from applications
• Able to influence product owners, engineering leaders ang gain alignment on product strategy and features
• Participate and influence architecture teams, product teams across Hitachi business and Japan entities
- Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and products.
- Shows increasing understanding of the technology stack and its impact on the final product.
- Routinely collaborates with UX Design to know customers and understand behaviors.
- Conducts customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas.
- Demonstrates ability to influence customers and product managers through persuasion and influencing.
- Collaborates with PM for the release and sprint backlogs short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases.
- Owns and manages the backlog; continuously orders and prioritizes to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
- Prioritizes continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs.
- Collaborates with Product Managers/TPMs to decompose features into consumable user stories.
- Engages frequently (50% of the time) with the development team; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
- Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work unit.
- Partners with Service Owners/ Development Managers to ensure healthy development process.
- Applies Agile Methodology.
What you bring to the team
- 15+ Years of Product Management experience.
- Director and Principal level technology platform experience.
- Knowledge of Platforms including edge computing and data management.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge