Job ID: R0002480
Date Posted: Oct 20, 2021
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi India Pvt, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
Role and Mandate for Project Engineer
• Ensure the integration and technical outcome/output of the project (technical solution
implementation, budget and schedule) ensuring the contractual requirements are met.
• Guarantee high level of coordination to ensure timely identification and management of
interfaces and requirements in order to ensure the full integration of the different subsystems
• Ensure the monitoring of the project progress status by means of periodical meetings aimed
to verify and to address the project document submission, project organizational issues (i.e.
staffing), the budget costs, the time schedule, no conformities and projects criticalities which
have to be timely reported to Project Manager.
• Ensure the execution of all project design activities.
• Ensure the Customer support and interface on project technical issues from inception till closure
of the project.
• Ensure the coordination of all required technical discussions among Authorities, Customer,
Partners, other Contractors, and, if necessary, Suppliers.
• Authorize the transmission of all technical documents to the Customer and the Authorities,
with the exception of the RAMS documents.
• Ensure the assignment of time, cost and quality objectives, as well as priorities, to the WPLs
in alignment with the Engineering Management Plan (EMP) and the Design Plan.
• Ensure the project documents management (DCP “document control plan” definition and
implementation) with the support of Shared Services by means of company tools
• Ensure the coordination of technical activities delivered by WPLs and other projects key
roles (i.e. Project RAMS Manager, Project Quality Assurance Engineer, Construction Manager,
Commissioning Manager and Supply Planner).
• Ensure the collection of all feedbacks from site activities and the related corrective actions,
during the whole project life cycle until the final system acceptance.
• Ensure the definition of the key technical risks with the support of WPLs.
• Support the Project Manager for the development and definition of the risk matrix.
• Ensure the implementation of the project risk management strategy.