Greenville, SC location area preferred, but can work remotely from any U.S. location.
POSITION TITLE: EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Systems Products Division
REPORTS TO: Director, Operations
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL: 5%
OFFICE LOCATION: Greenville, SC Area or Remote U.S.
Provide engineering support for the development, modification, testing, and production of products for industrial applications.
• Range of 0-10 years combined related work experience including 3 – 5 years preferred; however, we may consider less experience. Pay will be commensurate with candidate experience, skill set, and ability to work for results.
• Bachelor of Science required. Preferably in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Work with multi-disciplinary engineering team and customer to identify and recommend hardware needs and requirements for project/product.
- Modify or assist in the development of software architecture and design for new products, prototype, or re-design, including sourcing build environments and writing technical support and control documentation.
- Read Block Diagrams and detail circuit schematics and layout of proposed or existing hardware and assess the software and driver requirements.
- Participates in cross-divisional Edge IoT projects and/or proposals.
- Develop, oversee, and document automated tests for electrical hardware design and products as well as final operating drivers and systems.
- Evaluate and investigate product failures, and recommend repair or design modifications based on specifications, cost, resources, and risks.
- Use reliability and quality tools and software to assess hardware designs.
- Work with hardware engineers, project management, quality engineering, production, and customers to refine or modify hardware design or overall product.
- Support manufacturing group in production of product and troubleshoot any related design issues.
- Integrate, verify and validate new product designs and/or changes, provide technical support, including documentation and reports for internal Sales staff and external customers.
- Design, develop, implement, verify, and debug validate embedded device drivers and higher-level code, system software and UIs.
- Perform root cause analysis and develop solutions as necessary, utilizing configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, programmers and debuggers.
- Analyze and understand existing products and their implementation to determine best design and method to add and/or change features and functionality.
- Other duties as assigned and required for business operations.
- Experience working in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science required. Preferably in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Range of 0-10 years combined work experience in areas including 3 – 5 years preferred; however, we may consider less experience. Pay will be commensurate with candidate experience, skill set, and ability to work for results.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to creatively approach challenges and cleverly solve difficult problems.
- Ability to independently identify daily design and customer support tasks, self-start and motivate.
- Ability to manage several projects and prioritize appropriately, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to learn and work in virtual environments (CAD & Hardware build packages) in-which candidate’s skills are low but persevere and overcome skill gaps autonomously.
- Some experience programming with embedded systems designs and multithreaded real-time operating systems is required.
- Solid programming experience. Preferably in C or C++, .NET, and Java programming languages.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFFERED
- Experience and understanding of analog and digital hardware systems in various applications, with a focus on IoT.
- Experience and proficient in the use of laboratory test equipment such as multi-meters, scopes, logical analyzers, data loggers, and custom computing devices.
- Proficient in the application of engineering analysis methods and interpreting results to convey information and provide documentation.
- Experience building prototypes/demos based on drawings, specifications, and/or other information.
- Experience creating drawings, controlled documents, and design configurations from concepts.
- Experience with full cycle product development.
- Experience with soldering and removing through hole and surface mount components.
- Experience designing in computer aided design software packages and a set of disparate hardware/software build development environments.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]