Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated CIVIL WORK ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate has a solid experience in rail context. The position is based in Abu Dhabi.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission
Ensure that the projects made in house or outsourced are compliant with the contract and system requirements. Ensure that requirements and interfaces are correctly managed according to Hitachi Rail processes. Accountabilities
- Ensure identification and correct allocation of civil requirements (contract and derived ones)
- Ensure identification and resolution of the technical Interfaces between Civil Works and technological Systems/subsystems and third parties (e.g. Civil Work vs. Signaling, Power Supply, Telecommunications, etc.);
- Ensure the application of quality procedures for the emissions of the documents at every stage of the design;
- Ensure there are no risks not assessed with respect to the safety of the works designed and compared to budgeted costs;
- Ensure the verification of the interfaces alignment and that each step is managed and properly addressed;
- Ensure the identification of critical issues in the development of the project and propose mitigation actions;
- Identify and manage Civil Work Interface with civil contractors;
- The use of BIM for CW interfaces definition and management, as part of the project delivery strategy according to the Engineering Management Plan.
Job requirements From 5 up to 10 year experience
of Civil Engineering expertise
especially developed in the area of Design and Requirement/Interface management. Knowledge Expected
: Operative competencies
- Sub-Contractors selection;
- Purchase Technical Specification (PTS) preparation according to contract needs;
- Technical support for contract matters;
- Requirements and Interfaces definition/consolidation and management;
- Familiar with Requirement Traceability Matrix and the Interface Registers tools, implemented in BIM (Building Information Modelling) context, using also a specific Common Data Environment (CDE).
- Design management of contractors and sub-contractor activities: contract requirements and design processes-control;
- Full cycle experience also in construction and test&commissioning phases.
Operative competency and experience in BIM context
Here below the software the candidate is required to know:
Bentley ProjectWise Soft Skills
Mobility Mindset Education
Civil Engineering University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background Languages
English Level B2
Italian knowledge as a plus
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at http://sts.hitachirail.com/en/careers/work-us/open-positions.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail/