Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.The Role
We are seeking for Backend Engineer -Java Bigdata role Responsibilities
- At least 5 years of experience in a Cloud Ops/ System Admin/ DevOps, Build, Deploy and Release Engineering field
- Worked on infrastructure team Installing, Configuring and Administering Unix (predominantly Linux) environments.
- Hands-on experience in container based technologies like docker
- Worked/Implemented on CI/CD systems and workflows
- Experience in development and configuring Software provisioning tools like Chef,Puppet and Ansible.
- Exposure to various Database technologies but not only limited to Oracle, MS-SQL, Teradata and AWS Redshift.
- Strong Linux system administrator skills
- Strong at writing scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash
- Understanding of Java, Python, Bash, and/or another programming language
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to work in agile environment with small teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos protocol
- Understanding of AWS/EMR and Redshift
- Experience on working Hadoop cluster/Distributed systems experience
- Experience with Apache Spark, Solr, and other components in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with kubernetes and related technologies. e.g. helmnter
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge