Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet Our Team
Hitachi Vantara is looking to add a creative presentation designer to our growing Corporate Marketing - Communications team, to help support our company through a new phase of accelerated growth. Key to our brand communication in executive keynotes, external presentations, and speakers' bureau content development, the Presentation Designer will have experience designing templates and layouts and following brand guidelines. Our presentation designer will have a good eye for design and aesthetics to create well-thought-out presentations with impact.
This position reports to the Design Director, within the Creative Brand and Digital Events team and resides within the company's Global Marketing organization. The location for this position is flexible.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Design beautiful and crisp external and internal presentations, including executive keynotes.
- Develop visual storytelling across presentation slides, as well as create original graphics, process flows and charts within Hitachi Vantara's brand system.
- Use animation and other interactive elements in a meaningful and tasteful manner where needed.
- Work within existing brand guidelines to design new slides and visual elements, as well as select and use stock photography.
- Collaboration with a diverse group of executives, executive communications, marketing and brand teams.
- Upholding brand guidelines and possessing a strong knowledge of design standards
- Partnering with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all brand presentation is of a high standard and making recommendations to drive design solutions.
- Handle sensitive information with a high level of privacy and integrity.
- A passion for beautiful, bold, presentation design.
- 5+ years of overall creative and design experience on an in-house marketing or agency level.
- Portfolio that showcases advanced presentation design skills, including animation builds, dynamic charts and diagrams, iconography and a strong understanding of typography, balance color use and white space.
- Intimate knowledge of PowerPoint with an ability to also creative presentations in Google Slides and Keynote.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a wide range of tasks and projects at the same time.
- Having a good eye for design and aesthetics to create well-thought-out presentations
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality work, calmly and with good judgment in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge