Job description HITACHI RAIL STS is a global railway signalling and transportation solutions company. A Multinational Company, leader in the design, manufacture and supply of railway signalling and transportation control equipment and systems. Life with Hitachi Rail STS includes many benefits including career development and the opportunity to work in a global and culturally diverse team environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Systems Assurance Manager to join us in a pivotal role to lead a multi-cultural geographically dispersed team in delivering a State of the Art Train Control System and can be based anywhere within the APAC region where we have a Hitachi Office.
- Ensure the delivery of ETCS/ERTMS systems and subsystems in compliance with System Assurance and quality standards, and in accordance with schedule and budget
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of the Company Safety management system for projects, in compliance with the Company strategy and policy
- Ensure the systematic monitoring of the operational activities on projects, verifying that they are carried out in accordance to Company policies and processes for System Assurance activities (therefore including Quality, RAM, Safety, Verification, Validation and Testing, Health Safety Environment - HSE, Cyber Security, Human Factor)
- Drive proper analysis, escalation and management of Quality, RAM and Safety issues in projects before the final Delivery.
- Ensure the planning and execution of inspections, on projects, to verify the application of Company processes (mainly through Audit, RAM and Safety analyses, Verification, Validation and Testing activities) and the collection of the relevant evidences to customers, certification bodies and safety authorities.
- Ensure the definition of points of contacts in the project teams about System Assurance (for RAM, Safety, Quality, Verification, Validation, HSE, Cyber Security, Human Factor) and acting as a unique point of contact for external client about System Assurance.
- Monitor conflicts and issues about System Assurance within projects and ensure that they are either resolved or properly escalated.
- Ensure the definition of the activities needed to fulfil all System Assurance targets (particularly the Safety targets), to properly execute them and to satisfy the relevant requirements; ensure the achievement of needed approvals and certifications in the projects
- Ensure the collection and analyses of information about the occurrence of defects and quality of products under delivery to customers or already delivered and in use, including modifications to project configuration due to Obsolescence issues
- Ensure the collection of all needed documentation to issue the Declaration of Conformity. In case the residual risks bring to a Quality negative judgment and the open point is not resolved inside Project Management, raise the open point to the Company referent for decision whether or not delivering the System/Product/Service.
Role and Responsibilities
Education, skills and experience
- Apply good knowledge of Australian Code of Practice to guarantee a strong Assurance / Safety Process
- Guarantee a strong Assurance argument to support the approval of System / Subsystems by the client including ONRSR (Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator
- Guarantee a Safety Management Strategy (including Safety Cases) aligned with client expectation and with HRSTS guideline
- Manage the interface with Project ISA and to close ISA findings on time and lead Project ISA assessment
- Guarantee System Validation for the project as per EN50126 and project requirement
- Guarantee System RAM for the project as per EN50126 and project requirements
- Coordinate inputs from different sub-systems development and engineering, system integration, construction and commissioning as required
- Define the System Assurance and Integration strategy and Safety Cases Responsible for schedule, budget and resources for System Assurance and RAMS
- Assess and to propose improvements, as needed.
- Report the progress and status to the Project Director in liaison with the Engineering Manager
- Engineering Masters Degree (preferred)
- 10+ years experience in similar Technical/Leadership Roles
- Proven experience delivering ETCS/ERTMS systems and subsystems