Job description Hitachi Rail STS is a global railway signalling and transportation solutions company. A Multinational Company, leader in the design, manufacture and supply of railway signalling and transportation control equipment and systems. Life with Hitachi Rail STS includes many benefits including career development and the opportunity to work in a global and culturally diverse team environment.
We invite applications for the permanent full time opportunity Rail Signalling System Assurance Managers (Validation & Verification). We are looking for suitably qualified candidates who have been in technical lead roles or responsibilities to join us working in a dynamic team on the latest developments in train control systems. This role is based in Brisbane.
In accordance with the Company Vision, Mission, Values and Management Disciplines, the mission of the role is to perform System Verification & Validation (V&V) to support the organization's and project's objectives; execute and manage System V&V project activities and follow the organization's System V&V processes. ACCOUNTABILITIES
Accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ensuring the delivery of signalling systems and subsystems in compliance with System Assurance and quality standards, and in accordance with schedule and budget
- Guaranteeing the definition of V&V Plans.
- Ensuring correct planning of V&V activities.
- Ensuring correct identification of Validation strategies to discharge requirements for signalling applications.
- Guaranteeing verification of system requirements in order to confirm compliance with System requirements, including Safety requirements identified by the RAMS department.
- Guaranteeing management and implementation of test specifications, and their execution, to independently validate safety-related functions.
- Ensuring that all non-conformities identified during V&V activities are recorded, analyzed and documented, using appropriate tools as per the company management system
- Supporting for management and interfacing with the Independent Assessor, Client and other external Authorities.
- Ensuring periodic review against company Validation policy and KPIs.
- Ensuring compliance of the signaling system and subsystem Validation process to the applicable national and international standards.
- Ensuring that defects are managed in the corporate tool with all required details and co-ordinate with the Development/Engineering project team for the closure as required.
- Ensuring the provision of schedule and cost progress to relevant System Assurance Manager
- Undertaking basic monitoring of compliance to System V&V procedures and assist with complex monitoring including reporting outcomes
- Planning basic monitoring activities of System V&V compliance and assist with complex planning
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent Technical Engineering Background.
- From 5 up to 10 years of V&V experience
- At least five years experience in signalling or other safety critical engineering area.
- At least five years experience in the use of appropriate V&V engineering techniques, such as Boundary Value Analysis, Decision Tables, Equivalence classes, Error Guessing etc.